The Manager of Facilities & Transportation department; coordinates various construction planning and development activities; develop and prepare the annual preliminary budget for the Facilities & Transportation department; train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, organize, control and direct the operations and activities of the Bishop Kelley's Facilities & Transportation department; establish standards for proper cleanliness, safety, preventive maintenance, building maintenance/repair, grounds, and transportation for students and staff; ensure compliance with Bishop Kelley, County, State and Federal regulations, policies and requirements.
• Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and select employees and recommend transfers, reassignment, termination and disciplinary actions; inspect and verify proper utilization of time, materials and equipment in the performance of maintenance, grounds, custodial and transportation duties.
• Plan, organize, review and prioritize work orders and projects for maintenance, custodial, and grounds and transportation activities; meet with department staff and provide direction on assignments; inspect projects upon completion.
• Provide technical expertise, information and assistance to the Operations Director and other Administrators and staff regarding assigned functions; assist in the formulation and development of policies, procedures and programs.
• Develop and prepare the annual preliminary budget for the Facilities & Transportation department; analyze and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
• Participate in various construction planning and development activities; plan, schedule, and coordinate building repairs, construction projects, retrofitting, modernization and alterations of all Bishop Kelley grounds, structures and related physical facilities.
• Review specifications and make changes as needed; monitor and visit sites to inspect ongoing construction projects.
• Direct the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records bid documents and files related to personnel and assigned activities.
• Requisition and receive supplies and materials as needed; review and approve purchase orders.
• Communicate with other administrators, personnel and outside organizations to coordinate activities and programs, resolve issues and conflicts and exchange information; consult with and advise architects and contractors on plans and specifications.
• Meet with administrators regarding site maintenance needs; recommend changes or alterations; provide cost estimates and time lines.
• Respond to Bishop Kelley and staff needs related Facilities & Transportation activities and services; review requests for alterations, remodeling and other work to be done
• Maintenance Lead & Technicians
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate assigned tools and equipment.
• Seeing to evaluate needed repairs, safety issues and monitor work projects.
• Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling moderately heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
• Walking over rough or uneven surfaces.
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time to conduct inspections.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Planning, organization and direction of Facilities & Transportation services and operation in an institutional setting.
• Budget preparation and control.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Methods, supplies and equipment used in building maintenance and custodial work.
• Applicable laws and regulations governing building construction, maintenance, custodial operations, transportation and grounds maintenance work.
• Building construction planning and development.
• Financial record keeping, inventory control and report writing
• Operation of a computer and assigned software.
• Environmental, health and safety issues and regulations related to employees, buildings and property.
• Maintenance methods, tools, and equipment used in building construction, maintenance, custodial operations, transportation and grounds maintenance work.
• Plan, organize, control and direct the maintenance, operations and transportation services of the school.
• Manage the grounds, custodial, skilled maintenance, transportation and other MOT functions.
• Participate in various construction planning and development activities.
• Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
• Estimate materials and labor costs.
• Lay out, schedule, direct and control a diversified maintenance, operations and transportation program.
• Develop and enforce work standards.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Plan and organize work.
• Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports.
• Direct the maintenance of a variety of reports and files related to assigned activities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid Class C Driver's License, preferred
Educational and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Five years of experience in a combination of maintenance, operations and transportation activities including two years in a supervisory capacity.
• Demonstrates positive and professional interpersonal relations with students, parents, faculty, staff, fellow Administrators and President and with alumni and the local community.
Tulsa, OK 74135