The Chatfield Edge is hiring a Director of Development. The ideal candidate is experienced, creative, growth-focused, organized, and self-driven with a passion for our mission to support first-generation and non-traditional students as they gain success in life through education.
Summary of Principal Duties
The Director of Development is responsible for annual fundraising and the implementation of a comprehensive special events program that engages various audiences and builds key relationships with donors, sponsors, and community stakeholders. The successful candidate will:
• Align with and carry out the mission of The Chatfield Edge.
• Lead the cultivation and maintenance of key relationships with new and existing donors, sponsors, and event attendees.
• Grow donor base by developing and managing a solicitation plan.
• Develop analytics and metrics to monitor progress of growing donor base.
• Execute fundraising campaigns.
• Manage logistics for signature events and successfully meet fundraising goals through sponsorships, ticket sales, and donations.
• Coordinate volunteer committees including management, recruitment, and training.
• Manage processes for scholarship programs.
• Collaborate with marketing partner and vendors to develop donor solicitation materials, event promotions, and newsletters.
• Assist with The Chatfield Edge website updates, web pages, and social media.
• Maintain year-round grants calendar, research new opportunities, complete grant proposals, track status, and write reports.
• Work with staff to continually improve all facets of development operations.
• Bachelor's degree
• Three or more years of experience working as a director of development or in a role with demonstrated success securing funding from individual donors, conducting peer-to-peer fundraisers, and soliciting corporate sponsorships, identifying new donor prospects, building and maintaining relationships with donors, and writing and presenting grant and partnership proposals.
• Excellent project coordination, communication, writing, collaboration, and team participation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, database management (preferably WeShare or DonorSnap), and operating typical office equipment (i.e., computer, copier, fax/scanner, phone).
• Experience building relationships with internal and external stakeholders and leverage those relationships to cultivate additional opportunities.
• Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes, and a results-oriented culture.
• Successfully pass background check.
• Fulltime, Monday-Friday, 40 hrs./week, onsite in office in St. Martin, Brown County, Ohio (located 50 minutes from downtown Cincinnati and just 30 minutes from the I-275 loop)
• Night and weekend work as required to fulfill principal duties
• Frequently required to sit at a desk/workstation/computer for extended periods of time
• Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination to operate office equipment
• Light lifting and carrying of supplies, files, etc.
• Ability to speak to and hear employees/clients/donors via phone or in person
• Body motor skills sufficient to enable movement around the office environment
• Ability to analyze sourcing data and other reports to make beneficial recommendations
• Additional mental requirements: compare, decide, direct, problem solve, analyze, instruct, interpret
• As required with respect to job responsibilities and organizational needs. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Salary and Benefits
• Annual salary of $75,000
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Paid holidays
• Paid time off
• 401k retirement plan
Send cover letter and resume to Roger Taylor, Executive Director, at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until Friday, October 13, 2023, at 4:00 pm EDT.
The Chatfield Edge is a nonprofit offering support to first-generation and non-traditional students as they gain success in life through education. Built upon the 177-year-old educational history of the Ursulines of Brown County, The Chatfield Edge combines student support services, scholarships, and mentoring to empower individuals to achieve their life goals. Learn more by visiting our website.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job. Furthermore, the employer reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.