Date: May, 2023
Position: Coordinator of Religious Education, Grades K-6
Status: Exempt (Salary), Full-Time
Practicing Catholic: Required
Seton Parish Catholic Church, Pickerington, Ohio, seeks qualified candidates for the position of Coordinator of Religious Education, Grades K-6. The Coordinator of Religious Education, Grades K-6 will work in collaboration with the Director of Youth Evangelization and Discipleship.
The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of duties to direct and coordinate a strong and faith-filled program. These duties include but are not limited to:
1. Develop and foster a culture among children focused on evangelization and discipleship.
2. Develop, promote, and execute a Religious Education program for grades K-6.
3. Develop, promote, and execute a sacramental preparation program for the Sacraments of Penance and Eucharist.
4. Provide for the needs of students and families who are out of sequence with sacraments in collaboration with the RCIA Director.
5. Coordinate the recruitment, training, support, and evaluation of volunteers in the Religious Education program.
6. Support families in their role as the primary catechists of students.
7. Establish proactive processes to ensure the safety of all students and the adherence to Diocese of Columbus guidelines in collaboration with the Safe Environment Coordinator.
8. Develop, promote, and execute the Vacation Bible School program.
9. Develop, promote, and execute the Children's Liturgy of the Word program.
10. Work collaboratively with the Parish staff and attend all staff meetings.
Applicants must be able to work independently and pay close attention to detail. Evening and weekend work will be required. 2-3 years of previous parish ministerial work is required.
Job offer is contingent on the successful passing of the mandatory background screening and completion of the VIRTUS "Protecting God's Children" course. Salary and benefits are offered based on experience.
Please forward a cover letter, resume, and references to Barbara Serrano, Director of Youth Evangelization and Discipleship at [email protected].
Pickerington, OH 43147