Job Title: Music Director
Responsible To: Pastor
FLSA Code: Salary-Exempt/Full Time
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
The Music Director plans all liturgical music for the parish and serves as the point of contact and administrator for all aspects of the music department. The Music Director adheres to the Liturgical Guidelines of the Catholic Church, The Roman Catholic Diocese of Columbus and of the Parish to provide musical accompaniment for all liturgical and
para liturgical ceremonies, including, but not limited to, parish weekend liturgies, weddings, funerals, holy days, penance services, evening prayer, Confirmation, First Communion and to cooperate in providing occasional and reasonable liturgical music at other times. The Music Director is the Principal Organist and directs the parish music ensembles.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job responsibilities; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. All the duties and standards within this job description will be performed according to the established policies, procedures and guidelines outlined in the parish and diocesan policy and
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directs and rehearses during the choir season the adult choir and children's choir and all other music ensembles; researches and selects suitable music.
2. Recruits and develops a parish and children's choir on a continuing basis.
3. Researches, reviews and orders new music for choirs; maintains accompaniment folders.
4. Develops Cantor Program and trains and rehearses new cantors.
5. Compiles, types and duplicates liturgy plans and cantor schedules for all liturgies.
6. Provides music for instrumentalists and rehearses as needed.
7. Arranges for any work necessary for organ and piano tuning, as needed.
8. Provides worship aids for all Masses, weddings and funerals.
9. Oversees the Children's Nativity play.
10. Procures copyright and prepares music for reprint as needed.
11. Reviews new music, liturgical journals and attends workshops.
12. Attends all staff and parish meetings as needed.
13. Regular attendance and punctuality is essential for this job.
For the full Job Description, including position requirements: https://stjoanofarcpowell.org/wp-content/uploads/Music-Director-May-2023.pdf