Summary: Tracks, acknowledges, and reports on contributions received, maintains Mission Advancement database, coordinates logistics of Mission Advancement events, and otherwise relieves the Mission Advancement Director and Director of Donor Relations of clerical work and administrative and business detail by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains Mission Advancement database by updating donor information, generating queries and lists, etc.
• Processes and maintains records on all gifts and pledges.
• Prepares receipts and acknowledgment letters in response to gifts received.
• Sends informational packages to donors.
• Assists in grant research, preparation, and reports.
• Prepares and maintains fundraising spreadsheets and reports.
• Composes and prepares routine correspondence.
• Files correspondence and other records.
• Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate person and places outgoing calls.
• Schedules appointments and arranges travel schedules and reservations as requested.
• Prepares outgoing mail.
• With the guidance of the Mission Advancement Director and the Director of Donor Relations/Stewardship, oversees coordination, planning, and site logistics for Mission Advancement events.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Interpersonal - Exhibits tact and consideration; Establishes and maintains effective relations.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Little Green Light Database software or other fundraising software; Microsoft Excel and Word Processing software.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
All employees of the Franciscan Sisters TOR are expected to conduct themselves at all times according to gospel and professional standards of behavior as described in our Employee Handbook.