Under the direction of the Director of Development for Catholic Education in the CCF, this position supports the mission and strategic objectives of the Catholic Community Foundation and Diocese of Cleveland in implementing the goals of the Angel Scholarship Fund (ASF.)
The Development Associate for Catholic Education will be responsible for providing support for the Angel Scholarship Fund in these capacities:
• Catholic Community Foundation (CCF) fundraising and marketing initiatives
• Diocese of Cleveland Office of Catholic Education (OCE) fundraising
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates administrative work, drafts letters, answers phones, maintains schedules, prepares for meetings, and assists in tracking of donations.
• Accesses information within the Raiser's Edge NXT database.
• Assists in the creation of and adherence to the communications calendar to meet deadlines for various outreach initiatives.
• Assists in the planning and execution of program events (event planning, mailings, tracking attendance, arranging for printed and electronic materials.)
• Assists in the preparation of program materials.
• Assists in the preparation of correspondence including but not limited to donor reports and statistical reporting documents that are created in MS Office.
• Coordinates and supports outreach efforts with donors, parishes, schools and the professional community; including telephone contacts, traditional mail, email outreach, social media, online events, online giving pages, etc.
• Monitors and shares best practices to improve digital giving/marketing strategies.
• Maintains and updates program web pages, donation pages, and relevant event pages, including impact stories, donor testimonials, donor listings, and donor recognition
• Assists the Office of Catholic Education staff with coordinating the award process of the designated Angel Scholarship Funds (ASF) for each diocesan school.
• Assists the OCE staff with communications to the schools, to include coordination of review meetings and feedback with each school and contacting the schools with requests for missing information and recommendations for changes.
• Coordinates the communication of the final list of approved ASF scholarship recipients to each school.
• Communicates with and provides updates to the OCE staff throughout the ASF award process.
• Assists the OCE staff, with any changes needed within the process to ensure compliance with the various regulations regarding the ASF.
• Other duties as assigned.
Understanding and appreciation for the mission of the Catholic Church, Catholic Education, and Catholic development. Appreciation for the teachings, traditions, and values of the Catholic Church.
Associate's degree in non-profit management, business administration, or relevant program. Post-secondary certification or relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree program.
Three to five years within a development office or administrative support experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Knowledge and experience in Raiser's Edge and RE NXT software preferred.
Self-starter with ability to work independently and with forethought for the variety of components that result in the successful execution and completion of a project or responsibility.
Professional and supportive demeanor for working with a variety of team members and school community members.
Outstanding organizational skills, with excellent attention to details.
Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a completed Diocesan Employment Application to [email protected]. In the subject line, please enter "Development Associate for Catholic Education: Candidate Application Materials." Position will remain open until filled, but formal review of application materials to identify candidates for interview will begin on May 1, 2023.
Cleveland, OH 44114