II. PRIMARY FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION
The Director of Worship serves the Family of Parishes by coordinating all the liturgical and sacramental aspects of parish life. He/she is a close collaborator with the pastor as a member of the Family of Parishes Leadership Team and supports the pastor and other clergy in the ministries of sanctifying, teaching, and governing.
III. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & REGULAR ACTIVITIES
1. Ensure the liturgical and sacramental celebrations of the Family of Parishes are well prepared and celebrated
2. Support various prayer and devotion practices in the parishes and school.
1. Assist in the formation and preparation of candidates for sacramental celebrations
2. Direct efforts in liturgical catechesis for the faithful
3. Oversee the formation and training of lay liturgical ministers
1. Assist the pastor in establishing policies and guidelines for worship and sacraments
2. Oversee other liturgical and sacramental staff including music ministers, sacramental preparation staff, sacristans, et al.
3. Serve as staff liaison to the Worship Commission and other consultative bodies
4. Develop and execute an approved budget.
1. Attend all meetings as requested by the Pastor
2. Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
IV. POSITION SPECIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
A. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES (SKAs)
1. Must have a knowledge and appreciation of the Church's liturgical tradition as well as current liturgical practice
2. Must be able to supervise other ministerial staff
3. Must be collaborative with other members of the Family of Parishes Leadership Team and other staff, as well as parishioner volunteers
4. Familiarity with general office software, as well as ministry scheduling software, music notation software, or design software is desirable
5. Communication skills (both written and oral)
6. Willingness to learn through continuing education, particularly in the areas of worship and sacraments.
B. EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE
1. A Master's Degree in liturgical studies, sacramental theology, pastoral ministry, or theological studies is preferred; in lieu of a Master's, a Bachelor's Degree in theology/pastoral ministry or a related field with advanced study in liturgical or sacramental theology is acceptable.
2. Experience in parish ministry, especially in the areas of liturgical ministry, music ministry, or sacramental preparation is helpful.
3. Experience supervising other ministerial staff is helpful.
V. WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This position may require frequent evenings and/or weekend work and an unpredictable schedule. Employees of Catholic Church will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Church. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Candidate must be a practicing Catholic.
Dayton, OH 45449