Position Title: Relationship Manager
Reports To: Director of Mission Advancement
Location: Administrative Offices, 124 W. Apple St., Dayton, OH
Status: Full-time/ Exempt
Employer: St. Vincent de Paul Society District Council of Dayton, Ohio, Inc.
GENERAL SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Reporting to the Director of Mission Advancement, the Relationship Manager establishes relationships with financial donors and prospective financial donors to financially sustain the organization. S/he will expand and diversify the organization's donor base using interpersonal skills and known fundraising strategies. The Relationship Manager is a full-time position with demanding goals, that allows for flexible scheduling.
The Relationship Manager promotes a culture of safety, hospitality, service, honor, and respect among our homeless guests, supportive housing residents, neighbors in need, and volunteers, for the purpose of furthering the vision and mission of the St. Vincent de Paul Society.
Planning and Development:
• Assist in developing and executing a strategy of donor prospect cultivation for securing current and deferred financial gifts
• Regularly conduct donor visits and solicitations
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and major donor prospects
• Develop donors from identification and cultivation, to solicitation and donation, with an emphasis on establishing annual giving, securing five- and six-figure gifts
• Increase membership of and amount contributed by St. Vincent Partners, Senior Partners, and Legacy giving societies
• Increase annual amount contributed through stock donations
• Actively maintain your work and actions within our customer relationship management (CRM) software.
• Convey sensitivity and communication skills necessary to tailor messages to various audiences and, in turn, be an effective representative of St. Vincent de Paul and its diverse constituencies
• Establish, cultivate, and nurture relationships with individual donors
• Develop and maintain expertise in individual charitable estate planning
Capacity and Leadership:
• Build and maintain stakeholder relationships to provide community connection and representation
• Represent SVdP in the external community at meetings, workshops, and events
• Engage in ongoing professional development
• Other duties as assigned
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
• Communication - Articulate, with proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively; proven ability to build strong relationships and influence individuals at all levels of an organization, as well as external constituents
• Work Standards - Strong attention to detail; organized and systematic in donor follow-through and donor stewardship
• Service Leadership - Ability to make decisions independently combined with an ability to work as part of a team to creatively problem-solve and drive collaborative solicitation strategies that tap into donors' passions
• Disposition for Learning - Commitment to acquire the skills and experiences to secure individual annual gifts of $10,000+ and a desire to continue professional development
• Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts or Science (Preferred)
• Maintain a driver's license with good driving record & furnish a reliable, personal means of transportation in order to accomplish work objectives
• Readily accessible via cell phone
• Prepared to work as needed within a flexible schedule
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Passionate commitment to St. Vincent de Paul's mission, vision, and strategic direction.
• Hybrid Workplace: The Relationship Manager will work remotely, on the go, and from Dayton office.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
o Salary: $55,000 - $75,000, commensurate with experience
o Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance o Company Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
o Company Paid Life Insurance
o Paid Time Off
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest and resume to Helen Fahey, Director of Mission Advancement, at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit stvincentdayton.org
Dayton, OH 45402