The English Teacher is responsible teaching four periods - grades 7 through 12. This role plans lessons based on approved graded course of study, utilizes modern best practices to ensure student growth and engagement in subject area, assesses student progress, and cooperates with administration on overall school improvement goals. This role could become a full-time position if the candidate desires. This role reports to the Principal/CEO. We are open to the possibility of part-time applicants.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Authentic excitement about sharing the Catholic Christian faith.
• Demonstrates a desire to innovate, including a willingness to forge new paths and test possibilities.
• Ability to cultivate and work in a positive team environment.
• Holds valid State of Ohio education license/certificate appropriate for the position, and verification on all state and Archdiocese child protection mandates.
• Teach English, utilizing the graded course of study, correlated with other appropriate learning activities.
• Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences.
• Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
• Maintain classroom organization and discipline needed to achieve learning atmosphere.
• Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress.
• Evaluate students' academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
• Communicate with parents through conferences and other means discussing academic and personal progress.
• Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas.