THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND
DIRECTOR OF MISSIONARY DISCIPLESHIP
Under the leadership of the Secretary and Assistant Secretary for Parish Life and Special Ministries and working closely with the Vicar for Evangelization, the Director of Missionary Discipleship will be responsible for advancing the diocesan mission to cultivate a culture of missionary discipleship within our parish communities. This position will also help to establish a School of Missionary Discipleship that equips, grows and supports disciples and disciple-making leaders. The ideal candidate will have excellent familiarity with church documents concerning evangelization, strong training skills, as well as the ability to inspire others and ignite a desire of service through missionary discipleship.
• Promote an understanding of missionary discipleship among the faithful and deepen their faith, so they can respond more fully and fruitfully to their baptismal call.
• Develop and oversee the diocesan School for Missionary Discipleship, which will provide a systematic approach to adult faith formation so Catholics may know, live and share the faith with others.
• Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with diocesan offices, parishes, schools and apostolates throughout the diocese.
• Organize and coordinate the Called by the Spirit Gifts Discernment Program.
• Build and integrate stewardship into the work of evangelization in partnership with the Diocesan Stewardship Network.
• Serve as a resource on evangelization, discipleship, and leadership formation.
• Network and maintain relationships with evangelization partners throughout the diocese.
• Represent the diocese in state, regional and national levels as needed.
• Maintain the operational budget of the office, as well as designated grant monies through the Rooted in Faith - Evangelization Fund.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church who is committed to the teachings, values and traditions of the Catholic Church.
• In-depth familiarity with the Roman Catholic Church, its structure, teaching, beliefs and attitudes, with particular emphasis on the parish environment.
• Master's degree in theology, pastoral ministry, religious education or related field. Coursework in the education field is desirable.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience leading and serving in a ministry at the diocesan and/or parish level.
• Strong collaborator, experienced in group process dynamics and facilitation.
• Extensive experience in teaching adults through Catholic faith-based formation, education and/or training programs.
• Excellent communication and networking skills with the ability to engage, inspire, and educate in personal meetings and group settings.
• Successful experience in public speaking and presenting to groups.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to a multicultural church. Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
• Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience in managing budgets and best practices in stewardship.
• Reliable transportation for travel to and from entities within the eight county geographic area of the diocese.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and a completed Diocese of Cleveland application for employment to [email protected] Position will remain open until filled. Review of fully completed submissions materials for identifying candidates for interview will begin on September 6, 2022.