DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND
We are seeking to hire two full-time maintenance technicians through this current search.
Under the direction of Director of Facilities Services, with the ability to successfully accomplish duties with minimal supervision, maintain and repair facilities equipment, buildings, and grounds. Perform specialized and technical duties. Perform related operational and maintenance activities as necessary.
• Under direction, ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the Diocese of Cleveland
• Perform complex to specialized duties for the maintenance and repair of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical, and structural systems of facility. Perform as many duties in-house as feasible to reduce external contractor expense
• Regularly inspect and survey major equipment and operating systems noting general condition, needed repairs, and potential concerns. Take corrective action where necessary and as appropriate.
• Keep accurate inventory of tools and supplies, records of repairs, records of performed maintenance, costs, etc. Advise of necessary repairs or corrective actions, and provide maintenance updates.
• Perform advanced and intricate technical and specialized maintenance and repair toward efficient operation of designated facilities, equipment, surrounding grounds, or vehicles using standard practices of instructions. Identify situations where repair and/or maintenance may be more appropriately completed by outside contractors and report findings.
• Complete timely reports on building and equipment maintenance and expense, fire/safety reports and various other documents and regularly review with supervisor.
• Maintain open and effective communications with supervisor and other staff to ensure that requirements for a well-functioning and safe facility are continually met.
• Complete duties using safe work habits and provide for the safety of other personnel while performing repairs and maintenance.
• Perform other duties as necessary to accomplish objectives.
• Uphold the mission, vision, and values of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Cleveland.
• Combination of education and experience normally represented by a high school diploma or equivalent, plus technical training in one or more specialized areas. Five to seven years maintenance experience required.
• Must have current systems maintenance technician designation or equivalent licenses/certification
• Must have competent working knowledge of moderately complex plumbing, electrical systems, carpentry, roofing, mechanics, masonry, HVAC, etc.
• Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and/or possess other comparable computer skills.
• Must have a current valid Ohio Driver's license and good driving record.
• Must be able to safely lift and move up to 50 lbs. and climb stairs and ladders.
Position will remain open until filled. For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, contact information for three (3) professional references and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application to [email protected] Review of application to invite candidates to interview will begin on August 15, 2022.