• Under the leadership of the Director for Human Resource, provide generalist consultation, support, and resources for developing and sustaining best practices in human resources as well as compliance with employment law and regulations.
• Manage the daily workflow of the Human Resources department.
• Supervise Human Resources Payroll Associate and student interns
• In consultation with director, communicate to leaders and managers regarding best practices, compliance, guidelines, and policies.
• Manage recruitment activities for the five diocesan owned high schools, providing a high quality experience and selection process for school hiring managers and candidates.
• Ensure compliance with Diocesan recruitment policies, as well as compliance with state, federal, and contractual regulations.
• Manage recruitment activities for assigned roles in the central administrative offices of the Diocese (Cathedral Square.)
• Manage background checks and VIRTUS standings for diocesan owned high schools employees and employees of Cathedral Square.
• Serve as resource to diocesan staff, parishes, and schools responding to questions and requests for HR support.
• Manage and update postings to diocesan job board and the relevant professional job boards and sites.
• Facilitate onboarding and orientation process, including advanced processes to prepare for new hires.
• Conduct BCI/FBI background checks in alignment with diocesan new hire requirements; coordinate the 5 year back ground checks for employees of Cathedral Square.
• Utilize HR metrics to identify and communicate patterns and trends in recruitment; shape process recommendations.
• Maintain required employment files and documentation.
• Research, analyze and evaluate impact of federal, state and local legislation and rule changes; assist in the establishment of HR policies to maintain compliance.
• Track and compile data to prepare and maintain reports, presentations and spreadsheets as needed.
• Provide HR support for payroll processing, record keeping, benefits, and leave processing.
• Additional tasks as assigned by the Executive Sr. Director of Human Resources
Qualifications and Required Skills:
• Commitment to the teachings, values and traditions of the Catholic Church, with the ability to give witness to the faith at all times.
• Basic knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church and their applications to Catholic administrative services, and school and parish employment.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Management, Labor Relations, Business or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
• Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI: SPHR or PHR) or Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM: SHRM CP or or SHRM SCP) Certification preferred.
• Three to five years of experience in HR generalist role(s).
• Demonstrated strong commitment to service, high standards, and serving with gladness; demonstrated sensitivity, empathy, stewardship, and emotional intelligence.
• Ability to interpret, apply expertise, and effectively administer and communicate policy and procedures.
• Computer and software proficiency with experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs preferred.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
• Reliability, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and attention to detail is required.
• Reliable transportation for travel within the 8 counties of the Diocese.
• Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolutions experience and skills.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and fully completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application to [email protected] In the subject line please enter "HR Manager Candidate Application Materials." Position will remain open until filled. Formal review process of all complete submitted materials to identify candidates for interview will begin on July 31, 2022.