The coordinator of high school youth ministry will be responsible for coordinating and leading formation offerings for teens in grades 9-12. This position will also include assisting the director of youth formation in developing and leading offerings for those in grades 7-8
REGULAR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Recruit and form all necessary adult catechists, volunteers, and so forth as teams of missionary disciples capable and competent in carrying out faith formation initiatives for 9th-12th graders.
2) Recruit and form high school peer ministers as a team of missionary disciples capable and competent in assisting with junior high offerings.
3) In close collaboration with the high school leadership teams, develop and execute content, curriculum, and program plans for the high school ministry.
4) Assist the coordinator of youth formation in developing and leading junior high formation offerings in the parish, including in St. Gertrude School.
5) Collaborate with the communications coordinator and other members of the parish and school staff to ensure suitable distribution of promotional materials to families in a timely manner. Conduct all necessary communications to participants in ministry offerings.
6) Manage the high school youth ministry social media accounts.
7) Participate in Office of Evangelization meetings, events, and formation and contribute to the good of the Evangelization team. Participate in all required parish staff meetings and events.
8. Other responsibilities as designated by the pastor.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
1) Skills, Knowledges, and/or Abilities (SKAs)
• Pastoral leadership and teambuilding
• Content and curriculum development
• Highly organized and capable of simultaneously managing
• Proficiency in writing/communications
• Experience with managing social media
• Public speaking
2) Education, Training, and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree in theology, catechetics, or a related field
• 2 years of experience in youth ministry or related field
Compensation will be based upon qualifications and experience. A full archdiocesan benefits package is part of the compensation.
• Regular daytime, evening, and weekend work hours required (40+ hours per week)
• Shared office space with flexibility to work some hours remotely
Employees of St. Gertrude Catholic Church will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of St. Gertrude Catholic Church. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Interested candidates are asked to please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]