Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
St. Charles Parish in Kettering, Ohio is seeking an energetic candidate with a fire for faith to envision and execute engaging ministries for youth and young adults that will encourage a deeper relationship with Christ and the community that is His Church.
POSITION PURPOSE: Develop and implement Christ centered youth and young adult ministries including community building, catechesis, evangelization, social action and spirituality. This position is flexible for part-time or full-time hours dependent upon the needs of the right candidate and may increase to include our two sister parishes as we move through the Beacons of Light process (for more information about Beacons of Light go to www.catholicaoc.org/beacons-of-light).
MAJOR DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Participates in comprehensive planning, implementation, and evaluation of parish's programs, goals, and objectives, with specific focus on evangelization of youth and young adults.
2. Serves as a professional resource to parish staff regarding Youth and Young Adult ministry.
3. Participates in all Staff meetings and activities.
4. Assures development of programs and activities for both middle and high school youth that foster spiritual formation and on-going faith opportunities including but not be limited to: retreats, religious education, socials, recreation, youth-oriented liturgies, outreach programs, and community service.
5. Assures development of programs and activities for young adults that foster spiritual growth, development and a place to build community.
6. Recruits, enables, trains and oversees, volunteers involved with youth programs and activities.
7. Administers Youth and Young Adult Ministry budget.
8. Maintains a level of knowledge and skills required for ministry.
9. Performs other duties as appropriately assigned by Pastor.
1. Active member of a Catholic Parish Community.
2. Bachelors degree (Theology or Education preferred)
3. Previous experience in Youth Ministry, teaching, or working with youth preferred.
Interested applicants should send resumes to [email protected]