POSITION TITLE: Development Director for Catholic Schools
REPORTS TO: Diocesan Director of Development, Diocese of Charlotte
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Diocesan Superintendent, Catholic Schools
Apply at the Link Below:
POSITION SUMMARY: Collaborates with Office of Development and Catholic Schools Office leadership teams to support and coordinate the fund development efforts of the 20 Catholic schools in the Diocese of Charlotte. Plans and directs regular group meetings of the 20 principals and any school fund development staff or key school fund development volunteer leaders. Conducts school fund development assessments. Works closely with schools as they
develop and carry out annual school fund development plans including but not limited to the attached list of activities. Meets on site with each of the 20 individual schools to support and
coordinate the efforts mentioned above.
1. Plans and directs regular group meetings of the 20 principals and any school fund development staff or key school fund development volunteer leaders.
2. Meets regularly on site with each of the 20 individual schools to support and coordinate the efforts mentioned above.
3. Organizes monthly Zoom calls with staff and/or volunteers to support their development efforts.
4. Conducts school fund development assessments and helps set annual giving goals.
5. Works closely with schools as they develop and carry out annual school fund development
plans including but not limited to the attached list of Development Activities.
6. Works with schools to focus on both major gifts and planned gifts.
7. Provides training to staff and volunteers regarding solicitation of gifts.
8. Works with school to assist them with their database management systems.
9. Work with schools on expanding their donor base to include not only parents, but past parents, alumni, and grandparents. Where there is interest, find ways to include non-school
parishioners in the annual giving campaigns.
10. Work with schools to develop metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of their efforts in developments.
11. Supports schools in the design of campaign materials and social media efforts.
12. Meets regularly with Office of Development and Catholic Schools Office staffs with reports on the individual schools' activities and results.
13. Attends meetings of Office of Development staff.
14. Attends meetings of Catholic Schools staff including morning prayer, administrative team, board and principal meetings as requested.
15. Supports 20 schools in carrying out fund development efforts in other ways as needed.
1. Performs other duties as required by the Diocesan Director of Development and the Superintendent of Schools.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. An undergraduate degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience in development and/or fundraising; extensive fundraising experience may be substituted for a completed undergraduate degree.
2. Self-motivated and able to plan, organize, and coordinate development activities in a timely manner; strong written and oral communication skills; work effectively with staff, volunteers, donors and the public.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office software. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge or fundraising database software preferred.