The Liturgical Planning Coordinator is responsible for preparing for Masses and other liturgies at the parish in accordance with diocesan and Church guidelines.
• Working with the Pastor to ensure all liturgical needs are met to his satisfaction and in accordance with Church guidelines.
• Proof-read and correct the prayers of the faithful each week
• Prepare quarterly Mass schedules with the Pastor, Director of Music Ministry, and Administrator and arrange for substitute priests when necessary.
• Assist Director of Music Ministry and Pastor with planning and staffing funeral and wedding liturgies
• Coordinate families during baptisms, and work with faith formation on baptismal preparation classes
• Advise art and environment of upcoming special liturgies and change of seasons
• Schedule reader, Lay-Minister of Holy Communion, and altar server training with the appropriate leaders each year
• Ensure that sacristans are trained properly and all elements required for Mass are prepared
• Work with secretary to schedule liturgical ministers using MSP
• Participate in staff meetings
• Maintain stock of consumable liturgical items: candles, hosts, wine, etc. by communicating needs to Administrator
• Ordering necessary liturgical periodicals - Ordos, Lector Workbooks, Prayers of the Faithful resources
• Ordering ashes, palms, the pascal candle, and Advent candles each year well in advance
• Ensure Adoration is prepared each month
• Keep vestments cleaned and in order by season with sacristans and Ministry Resources
• Perform annual inventory of sacristy and vestments
• Ensure that all sacramental records are up to date with the parish secretary
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
• 5+ years' experience with liturgical ministry and sacristan duties
• Available nights and weekends
• Ability to follow liturgical guidelines with the goal of active participation of the faithful above all else
• Bachelors in Liturgical Ministry a plus