The Marketing/Communication Specialist is charged with creating and implementing a comprehensive marketing plan for the parish of St. Catherine of Siena Parish. They will research and consistently evaluate new means of communication to ensure that St. Catherine of Siena is communicating effectively and fruitfully with parishioners and the wider community. Ensures sound, professional, timely communication between all parish agencies and individuals by creating, promoting, and maintaining relevant parish social media accounts and printed materials in an English, Spanish, or Bilingual format.
• Produce and edit parish-wide communications to include the weekly bulletin, Flocknote messages, parish announcements (both internal and external), and other communications as needed and requested by the Pastor and/or Office Manager.
• Manage and evaluate all social media accounts for the parish including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Oversee, monitor, and update the parish website as needed and maintain Search Engine Optimization.
• Coordinate and develop major event advertising for parish functions to include Holy Day schedules, fundraising events, parish-wide activities, press releases, etc.
• Distribute parish-wide communications as directed by the Pastor.
• Attend major Church events to record, take pictures for social media, or stream in real-time.
• Maintain relevant and accessible information on the outdoor bulletin board of the East Door of the church. (This includes the creation of images to be displayed.)
• Advise parish apostolates on communications that pertain to the wider parish community.
• Create and maintain (in case of emergency) a "Communication Binder" with a hard copy of the parish communication plan and all pertinent information including account information, passwords, and directions regarding parish and communications.
• Accept/process all facility requests, update/post seasonal schedules, and formulate and post a monthly parish calendar of events.
• Set automatic door lock/unlock times for all buildings in coordination with the facility schedule and in cooperation/compliance with parameters set by the Safety Committee.
• Assist the Parish Administrative Assistant with answering phones and monitoring the main door when needed.
• Minimum level of Education
Bachelor's degree in business, communications, marketing, or journalism
• Minimum amount of Work Experience
1 year of experience with social media or advertising in a parish setting
• Fluent in Spanish
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong computer and social media skills
• Solid grasp of the Catholic faith and the functioning of a Parish
• Strategic and creative mindset
• Practicing Catholic
Wake Forest, NC 27587