The Director of Stewardship and Development provides leadership, vision, and strategy for all engagement and financial stewardship at St. Michael Church, St. Michael School, and St. Michael Preschool. This role oversees all fundraising, capital campaigns, offertory initiatives, and endowments, managing relations with current and potential donors, and cultivating key relationships with stakeholders such as family or corporate sponsors in the parish.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
Oversee, design, and develop all aspects of giving and engagement in the church, school, and preschool, including process planning and goal and objective setting.
• Serve as a member of the Pastor's Leadership Team to assist the Pastor and to collaborate with parish leadership regarding planning and development of giving and parishioner engagement in all aspects of parish life.
• Assist the Marketing and Digital Evangelization Manager to implement the design, and management of St. Michael Church and Schools' visibility, brand, communications, media, and marketing strategies.
• Work with the Pastoral Associate and with ministry groups as needed to support individual ministry fundraising and events.
• Work with St. Michael School leadership to develop and implement strategies and goals for endowments, scholarships, general fundraising, and major annual fundraising, including annual events sponsored by the Parent Teacher Organization.
• Work with St. Michael Preschool Improvement Committee and assist in development and implementation of preschool fundraising projects.
• Work with the Operations Team for needs related to capital campaigns and other events and appeals.
• Work with the Finance Team regarding budget planning, monetary collection planning, collection, and fundraising schedule(s), giving platforms and resources, financial reporting, and member information.
• Minimum level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum amount of Work Experience:
o Years of related work experience: at least 5 years
o Area of related work experience: Stewardship and Development, stewardship programs, and constituent research programs.
1. Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of relevant education.
• At least 5 years of experience in Stewardship and Development, stewardship programs, and constituent research programs.
• Strong alignment with and support of the values, teachings, and traditions of the Catholic Church.
• Organizational skills and abilities to make thoughtful decisions, take initiative, and prioritize tasks.
• Expertise in both written and oral communication with the capacity to articulate the case for supporting St. Michael Parish and its parish schools.
• Experience and comfort in individual outreach within and beyond a community.
• Passion for the mission and vision of St. Michael Parish.
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as needed for special events and projects.
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365, particularly Excel and Word
• Non-profit organization experience