The Administrative Assistant assists the school principal in the planning, organization, coordination, administration, and management of assigned school's activities and programs. Also, assists with other duties associated with the successful operation of the school.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
• Oversee Student and Staff Records.
• Assist Principal with a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
o Record Keeping - completing reports for NCEA and Diocese Schools Office
o Maintain copies of emergency procedures, phone lists, teacher emergency information.
o Staff Attendance - process requests with Assistant Principals through Google and record absences in Renweb.
o Manage staff and substitute payroll timesheets through UltiPro.
o Facilitate preparations for substitutes - sub lanyards, lesson plans, computer, etc.
o Billing, Invoices, Check Requests, Purchase Orders
Process forms for Admin, Faculty and Staff Code deposits and expenses.
Review Credit Card charges and code accordingly.
Manage out of uniform day / fundraising deposits.
Work in collaboration with parish Finance Office.
• Student and Family Support (see list below)
o Support Professional Staff and other employees (see list below).
o Room reservation list for annual calendar meeting and requesting room.
-reservations as new requests come in during the school year.
• Coordinating master school schedule and calendar requests in collaboration with the parish Operations Team that manages campus calendar and the related logistics meetings.
• Support Administration with tasks relating to Admissions and Communications
• Other duties as assigned by School Administration.
Other Duties and responsibilities
• Support Students and Families
o Print carpool cards.
o Oversee student Birthday records and purchased gifts in Principal's office.
o Graduation Orders: gowns, diplomas, plaques, flowers, gifts for graduates
Manage Grade 8 diploma signing.
Manage ordering of Academic Awards and family gifts at Graduation.
o Order student planners and folders for all grades.
o Manage student locks for Grades 5-8, and removal of locks when needed.
o Coordinate school photos with Director of Communications.
o Assist with End of Year Reports and Checklists for teachers.
o Work with After School Care Director to order snacks and supplies.
o Order additional school supplies for staff members and students.
o Order paper supplies for the office.
• Support Professional Staff and Teachers
o Field Trip organization: Secure buses, calculate costs to determine fees, and organize permission forms before giving student list to Finance Office.
o Facilitate hospitality of school events such as teachers' professional
development, faculty meetings, Admissions, Grandparents Day, etc.
o Assist with booking, payment, and other logistical tasks associated with professional development for teachers and staff.
o Manage general office tasks including but not limited to the following:
Organize and help distribute books and resources shipped to the school office.
Copy machine - including orders of toner/staples, call for repairs.
Laminator - order supplies, load film, manage copies.
Order New Teacher Signage for classroom doors.
Copy paper, pens, paper clips, folders, etc. for staff use.
Classroom supplies - manage summer order for each school
and coordinate updates or additions to orders.
• Review on Realm information for Safe Environment approvals.
• Create Mass Schedule, Eucharistic Minister, and Mass Coordinator list, in coordination with Office Team.
• Schedule Reconciliation for classes with Pastor's Assistant.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
• Teambuilding and productive teamwork experience.
• Superior ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines according to timeframes established.
• Superior attention to detail and ability to prioritize according to timeframes established.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, speak effectively and interact professionally with others.
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage a large volume of information with an affinity for attention to detail.
• Meticulous about details and overseeing projects through from concept to completion.
• Must have an extensive knowledge of the Catholic faith to be able to effectively communicate the teachings of it, as required with this position.