The Communications Coordinator is a part-time employee of the Catholic Diocese of Raleigh and reports to / is responsible to the Associate Director of the Duke Catholic Center (DCC).
The Communications Coordinator works closely with the DCC staff and students. The Communications Coordinator for the Duke Catholic Center is responsible for collaborating with Duke Catholic Center Staff to evaluate, (re)design, and implement strategic communication initiatives and products aimed at both engaged Duke students and reaching out to new Duke students. The Director of Communications carries out of the Mission of the DCC as follows:
- Oversee visual brand consistency: Collaborate with staff and students to propagate use of DDC logo and bring consistent design approach to the wide variety of DCC publications. Ensure all marketing and communications materials reflect the Duke Catholic Center's mission, vision, and brand.
- Create, coordinate, and expand the digital presence of DDC in areas including but not limited to our website, social media and email.
Coordinate all DCC's regular communication (website, app, email, social media, yard signs, posters, podcast, booklets, youtube, welcome bags, Sunday announcements, and any other duties assigned)
- Manage DCC website: to post, edit, and create content to keep updated and relevant
- Manage DCC email: Collaborate with staff on the design and content of the "DCC weekly " and formation emails; collaborate with staff to manage MailChimp subscription and mailing list.
- Manage DCC social media accounts: Lead in posting and moderating; coordinate team of student contributors; design and implement strategies on Instagram for event promotion; periodically review, analyze, and incorporate insights from metrics to improve DCC's visibility online.
- Manage special projects: Assist with communications for annual ministry events and other projects. Collaborate with, promote, and develop communication strategy for ministry working with: Director of Small Groups, Director of Faith Formation, Director of Retreats and Pilgrimages, Director of Social Justice & Outreach, any additional staff as needed
- Explore and disseminate audio/visual catechetical material appropriate to the needs of DCC students via various media in conjunction with appropriate staff members.
- Assist with correspondence: Compose, edit, and prepare for mailing correspondence for other staff communications.
Manage relationships with vendors related to design, printing, and mailing.
- Actively participate in regular DCC Staff Meetings and other Ministry meetings.
- Work with the Business Manager on budget preparation and resource allocation as it relates to Communications.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications
- Minimum amount of Work Experience Years of related work experience : 2
- Area of related work experience: Fundraising, Communications, Marketing
- Must be available three to four hours per day during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.) Monday through Friday. Remote/Hybrid environment. There may be some flexibility on days worked, depending on workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient graphic design capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude, relationship-building skills, a high level of self-motivation, and a strong work ethic.
The Communications Coordination is a 19/hour part-time (up to 19 hours per week) position.
To apply, please submit cover letter with resume to Lucy Honner at [email protected]
Durham, NC 27701