The Director of Admissions is a vital contributor to enrollment management and embodies the school's mission statement with prospective families, including those from the diverse parish. This position is responsible for the management and implementation of the school's admissions systems, the process for recruiting and enrolling new students, and the responsibility of organizing and maintaining all related materials and records.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
1. Embody, promote, and articulate the significance of school's mission statement and the St. Michael School experience with prospective students and families, those both within and outside St. Michael parish.
2. Lead strategic enrollment management planning, including:
a. Develop and manage retention and re-enrollment efforts, in collaboration with the school's Communications and Marketing Coordinator.
b. Implement all admissions processes, including Open House events, tours, and interviews with prospective students and families to determine whether the family would be a good fit at St. Michael School.
c. Organize all Kindergarten - Grade 8 student assessments: assess admissions materials and determine whether prospective students would be a good fit for the rigorous academic program at St. Michael School.
d. Gather and assess required admissions documents, such as professional testing results and student records, to inform process for acceptance of new students.
e. Manage the process for all incoming and outgoing transcripts for PreK - Grade 8 students.
f. Manage the school's process for accepting Opportunity Scholarship students.
3. Understand current research, demographics, admission, and enrollment trends, ensuring that changes and challenges are anticipated, understood, and addressed.
a. Maintain statistical and trend data related to the school's enrollment, and
b. Assess student demographic data to ensure alignment with the school's mission.
4. Work with the school's Communications and Marketing Coordinator - who collaborates with the parish's Marketing and Digital Evangelization Manager - to share relevant content to inform the written and digital Admissions materials and branding, which ensures that Admissions and Enrollment trends are part of a larger marketing and enrollment management plan to fill all PreK - Grade 8 seats.
5. Work with St. Michael administration and Finance Office regarding delinquent fees and tuition, information regarding Steward Rate application, and financial assistance.
6. Work with the Parish's Hispanic Ministry Assistant and Director of Religious Education to coordinate strategic efforts regarding admissions to St. Michael's diverse parish, which may include conversations with parishioners after weekend Masses or during Hispanic Faith Formation.
7. Support families who apply for the NC Opportunity Scholarship, other tuition assistance opportunities, and/or scholarships through the Parish and Diocese.
8. Work with administration and parish personnel for the implementation of campus-wide plans, including strategic initiatives to recruit and retain students from parish families.
Other Duties and responsibilities
1. Engage in training and develop proficiency in school software, included but not limited to RenWeb/FACTS and Microsoft products.
2. Other duties as assigned by school administration.
1. Proficient in Enrollment Management Strategies and Operations.
2. Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
3. Strategic marketing experience.
4. Minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
5. Teambuilding and productive teamwork experience.
6. Must have an extensive knowledge of the Catholic faith to be able to effectively communicate the teachings of it, as required with this position.
7. Ideal candidate is a natural communicator, articulate both in person and on paper.
8. Meticulous about details and overseeing projects through from concept to completion.
9. Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively with other parish staff, clergy, and community leaders.
10. Ability to relate effectively and compassionately, as well as interact in a friendly and outgoing manner with prospective families and stakeholders.
11. Strong project management skills: ability to work efficiently and meet multiple deadlines.
12. Ability to generate and implement creative ideas.
1. Proficiency in Microsoft products.
2. Proficiency in Renweb.
3. Bilingual (English/Spanish), in speaking, written communication, and translations.
4. A background in education and/or teaching
5. A practicing Catholic preferred with thorough knowledge of the Catholic faith and ability to communicate it to wider audience in both words and actions.
• In-person position
Cary, NC 27513