Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School, a Catholic elementary and middle school within the Diocese of Charlotte located in High Point, NC, is seeking a Principal. Building on a rich tradition, Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School today educates children in pre-k through 8th grade.
The Principal is the instructional, managerial, and spiritual leader of the school, reporting to the Superintendent of Catholic Schools and is hired to provide leadership inside and outside of the school. The Principal is directly responsible for long-range planning and outreach to the community, with a particular focus on educational development and enrollment management.
The Principal is expected to devote themselves to advancing the mission of Catholic education in this area of the Diocese of Charlotte. The Principal will be responsible to maintain strong relationships with the various elements of the Immaculate Heart of Mary School and neighboring communities.
The Principal oversees the total education program of the school, working closely with faculty, administration and staff to ensure the implementation of a rigorous and diverse curriculum. Achieving academic excellence requires the Principal to collaboratively direct all members of the faculty and staff and communicate effectively with parents.
Expected Qualifications and Characteristics for Applications:
- Enthusiastic practicing Catholic in communion with the Church who is a Christ-centered servant leader that embraces, models, and champions the traditions and values of Catholic education.
- Advanced degree and eligibility for NC State certification in an education-related (or the Catholic Diocesan equivalent) with a minimum of two to five years instructional and administrative leadership experience, preferably in a Catholic school environment.
- Accomplished, passionate, and inclusive academic leader, with a demonstrated ability to lead an extensive, innovative, and academically rigorous curriculum that ensures success for all students, based on high standards of excellence, from the framework of Catholic Schools marks.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to effectively interact with parents, students, teachers, and administrators. Excellent presentation skills when addressing faculty and staff, parents, and the community in general.
- Management skills exemplified by a record of making difficult decisions in an environment with competing demands and limited resources.
- Accessible and approachable leadership style with a reputation for being extremely visible and interactive on campus and at school events, and relating to the students, parents, faculty, and staff with energy, enthusiasm, and warmth.
- Experience in strategic planning, implementation, fiscal management, and oversight are all highly desirable.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the conditions for establishing a positive climate and culture for parents and teachers to partner effectively in the enterprise of forming the young people in the school community.
- Inspirational, humble, and authentic mentor who instills leadership in others.
- Skilled at identifying, attracting, developing, and retaining high-quality educators with a commitment and passion for delivering a transformational Catholic educational experience.
- Proven leadership in ongoing mentoring, professional and catechetical development, and evaluation of faculty and staff.
Interested applicants should forward a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to Dawn O'Connor at the Diocese of Charlotte Catholic schools office @ [email protected]
For more information, please see our principal search prospectus at https://582e7a04-90d6-41ad-a809-519f1939a544.usrfiles.com/ugd/582e7a_53b8d8bdd49b49daa74516dce9bc9c1c.pdf