POSITION TITLE: Campus Minister - High Point University
DEPARTMENT: Campus/Young Adult Ministry
REPORTS TO: Director of Campus/Young Adult Ministry
POSITION SUMMARY: The Campus Minister is the pastoral leader for the Catholic Campus Ministry. This includes responsibility for pastoral care to students, forming students in the Catholic faith, coordinating liturgical functions, planning and executing spiritual, social, and service programs and activities for students, student leadership development, and RCIA/sacramental preparation as needed. In essence, the campus minister is responsible for implementing the Bishop's vision for campus ministry. This includes helping students to appropriate the faith, form a Catholic conscience, form a faith community, facilitate personal development, develop leaders for the future, and foster vocations.
• Forms and actualizes a Catholic community on campus through appropriate spiritual, social, recreational, educational, programs.
• Plans and facilitates small groups, opportunities for student faith development and growth, social/community activities and programs, service outreach projects, and social justice programs.
• Promotes the Catholic student community on campus and in local parishes.
• Represents the Catholic Church on campus and pursues opportunities for class lectures, forums on campus and seminars.
• Collaborates with the Priest Chaplain to provide for the sacramental life of the campus ministry.
• Coordinates and/or provides for the pastoral and sacramental needs of students.
• Provides for pastoral needs of persons in crisis, illness or bereavement and makes appropriate referrals.
• Be a resource to students by having regularly available times on campus.
• Encourages and fosters the spiritual growth of students, faculty, and staff.
• Initiates evangelization, reconciliation, and catechesis, particularly with alienated Catholics and the unchurched.
Recruitment and Training of Leaders
• Develop student lay leaders who are equipped to contribute to their future careers and parish communities.
• Provide group or one-on-one formation and training for student leaders.
• Is knowledgeable about community, campus, and diocesan resources which further the life and goals of the campus ministry.
• Manage and maintain the website and social media for the campus ministry.
• Meets the development goal through fundraising.
• Monthly accountability for financial reports.
• Processes donations and submits financial reporting paperwork in a timely manner.
• Continue educational and professional development through conferences, workshops, and research.
• Participate on committees to develop and execute diocesan-wide campus ministry programming as assigned.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
• Knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings, practices, and organizational structure.
• Bachelor's Degree in Theology, Religious Education, or related field required. Master's Degree strongly preferred.
• Prior experience in campus ministry preferred.
• A strong experience of God in one's own life, and the ability to both share one's personal faith journey and enable others to do the same.
• Ability to articulate a personal vision of spirituality, community, and service.
• Ability to read, write and speak English well.
• Time management skills for a multi-task environment; humor, grace and assertiveness.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the skills to manage and maintain the website and social media for the campus ministry.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: 40 hours/week on a college campus. Evening and weekend hours for campus ministry programs. Occasional travel for departmental programs, as well as other times as needed for Catechetical Formation programs and meetings.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing job duties employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and is required to talk and hear. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk and climb stairs. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Job requires ability to see at close proximity, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected] on or before January 3, 2023.