Are you passionate about spreading the Gospel and sharing the Good News? Do you have the gift of communicating the Beauty and Truth of the faith in a way that moves people using media? St. Michael the Archangel Parish, a vibrant and dynamic parish of approximately 5,000 active parishioners, is hiring a fulltime Coordinator of Marketing & Digital Evangelization to create, oversee, and execute the parish's communications strategy.
The Coordinator of Marketing & Digital Evangelization role focuses on both internal and external communications and media, seeking to keep current parishioners engaged and in the know while also creating and maintaining marketing and communication strategies that allow the parish to reach out into the community and continue to build disciples.
If you would describe yourself as a creative and ideas-driven person who enjoys generating and disseminating content that reflects a vibrant faith community and proclaims the Gospel, then the Coordinator of Marketing & Digital Evangelization position might be for you!
The Coordinator of Marketing & Digital Evangelization responsibilities include:
• Developing and implementing the parish-wide communication strategy with an evangelizing mindset
o Keep apprised of Catholic news and share relevant information with the wider parish.
• Writing clearly and concisely, using correct grammar, vocabulary, and appropriate tone for the message or audience; speaks in a clear, articulate manner; maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility; adopts a personal leadership style or approach to influence others.
• Understanding and promoting all program and membership offerings and registration methods
o Leads efforts to gather stories of impact to share with parishioners across multiple mediums
o Developing and executing communications plans for parish events and initiatives
o Create videos for publicity, summary, and recap
• Managing and maintaining the parish website; coordinating events calendar with scheduling coordinator
o Enhance SEO for website landing pages
o Maintain and update printed marketing and communications materials & member communication templates
o Analyze digital metrics to determine success of communication efforts
• Creating, planning, and scheduling dynamic social media campaigns in collaboration with the pastor, parish staff, and where appropriate, ministry leaders
o Execute end-end email campaigns using MailChimp or similar
o Engage with current and prospective parishioners on social media
o Manage all digital marketing efforts including photography and video production for use in print and digital marketing materials including special events, program activities, headshots, etc.
• Designing flyers, signage, and other print materials
o Coordinate, format, and edit weekly bulletin
o Responsible for parish branding and style guide adherence
• Staff point of contact for the parish communications ministry
Qualifications for the Coordinator of Marketing & Digital Evangelization position include:
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in marketing, digital media, or journalism field
• One to two years related experience required; experience with marketing activities and events is a plus
• A practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge of the Catholic faith and ability to communicate it in both word and action
• Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office experience required; portfolio of work available upon request
• Knowledge of WordPress environment or similar webpage framework required
• Ideal candidate is a natural communicator, articulate both in person and on paper
• Meticulous about details and overseeing projects through from concept to completion
• Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively with other parish staff, clergy, and ministry leaders
• Ability to work cooperatively with peers from the Diocese of Raleigh and other parishes within the Diocese to cross promote events
• Ability to relate effectively and compassionately, as well as interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic, and outgoing manner with our parishioners and those in our community
• Strong project management skills: ability to work efficiently and meet multiple deadlines
• Ability to generate and implement creative ideas
• Proficiency with all forms of social media, including video and their use in evangelization
• Photography and videography experience
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Familiar with CRM
• Familiar with live-streaming set-ups
• Familiar with basic audio visual for meeting rooms and digital display outputs
• Full-time position; 40 hours per week, some nights and weekends as needed for event coverage
• Position is primarily in-person; a hybrid-work environment could be considered with prior discussion and approval