POSITION SUMMARY: Assumes primary responsibility for coordinating the regional direct assistance program that serves individuals and families with a variety of services such as emergency food, financial, holiday, and burial assistance; manages a caseload of persons served through the regional direct assistance program; employs case coordination procedures and case management principles to assist program participants in improving their economic situation; as assigned, directs the work of others in provision of services; and, develops volunteer resources to serve program participants through planning, coordination, orientation, training, and supervision.
1. Coordinates the weekly food pantry operation by organizing volunteers, food collections/donations, and distribution process.
2. Plans and coordinates volunteer services consistent with agency philosophy and goals; ensures the delivery of volunteer services to clients and staff.
3. Conducts client intake and assessments to determine eligibility for emergency financial assistance and/or Burial Assistance programs.
4. Coordinates the Holiday Assistance outreach program.
5. Conducts intake interviews and assesses needs of program participants; provides advocacy support and liaison to community social services agencies; advises program participants or makes referrals as appropriate.
6. Provides on-going case coordination; develops case plans and case financial plans; as appropriate, conducts home visits to address participant well-being; as assigned, supervises the work of others to ensure the provision of services.
7. Transports program participants or directs such activity as necessary to ensure provision of services.
8. Completes monthly reports for all required entities; as assigned, prepares and maintains statistical records and required documentation; maintains and keeps current all program
9. Maintains working relationships with staff and other diocesan and external resources to coordinate services and provide advocacy as needed.
10. Develops and facilitates collaborations with schools, parishes, community networks, and other partners.
11. Participates in agency trainings, staff meetings, and events.
12. As assigned, represents the assigned program and the Agency in the community; responds to inquiries and makes presentations regarding Agency services.
13. Participates in the Agency's Strategic Planning and Quality Improvement processes.
14. Develops and coordinates enrichment opportunities and/or events for program participants.
1. Participates in staff meetings, staff training and development activities.
2. Prepares and maintains a reference manual for the assigned position.
3. Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Minimum of Bachelor degree is required.
2. Must possess valid North Carolina driver's license, or secure same, within 60 days of hiring.
3. Must have intermediate computer and technology skills.
4. Skill required to: participate in program planning and organization; work and communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, clientele, and the public; promote Agency programs and provide public relations; participate in peer review; prepare correspondence,
records and reports; and, transport clients to perform the essential functions of the position.
5. Position requires fluency in the English language (reading, writing and speaking). Proficiency in Spanish may be required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Responsibilities of the Case Coordinator involve travel and work beyond the regularly scheduled workday. Weekend work and weekend travel may be required.