Cardinal Gibbons High School is seeking a full-time Substitute Coordinator. This position supports the Personnel department and Business department in a wide range of responsibilities.
The Substitute Coordinator is responsible for training, managing, and scheduling substitute teachers (externally and internally). This position also performs a wide range of essential office support activities for the Personnel and Business departments, such as clerical, data entry, and/or word processing work as assigned.
• First point of contact for educator absences.
• Manage a pool of substitute teachers.
• Work with the Personnel Manager to hire and train substitute teachers; ensure they are familiar with the school, mission, policies, procedures, and resources
• Schedule substitute teachers: determine when a sub is needed, put their daily schedule together, greet them and ensure they know where to go, and answer questions throughout the day as needed Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to respond to constantly changing work situations
• Will be the expert in maintaining the substitute software, SmartFind. Operate the automated substitute system, including data entry and generating reports, including substitute lists, absence reports, and utilization reports.
• Manage feedback for substitute teachers; collect and track feedback from substitute teachers, share feedback with them as necessary
• Verify substitute hours for payroll, and work with Personnel Manager to ensure accuracy of leave reports and substitute pay
• Supports the Personnel and Business office with essential tasks which include a wide variety of data entry, collection of confidential information from new employees, and entering data for background checks.
• Covers the front desk during lunches and when the receptionist is out of the office.
• Manages the inventory and restocking of supplies.
• Proficiency in all related computer applications, including Microsoft Office programs, email, internet, and Google Drive/Docs.
• Excellent understanding of the use of EXCEL/GOOGLE SHEETS.
• Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets and databases and do word Processing.
• The ability to be discreet and maintain strict confidentiality is crucial.
• Must be an exceptional listener, a resourceful problem-solver, and capable of working efficiently and independently.
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constantly changing conditions is a must.
• Ability to work independently or as a team, exercising reasonable judgment, in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing using electronic communications with site administrators and supervisors regarding schedules and concerns.
• Undergraduate degree
• Three years of clerical experience, preferably in an educational environment.
• Work with frequent interruptions
• Prolonged use of computers and phones.
• Regular irregular hours (e.g., early morning & evenings)
The Substitute Coordinator will report directly to the Personnel Manager. This is a twelve-month position, with occasional evenings and weekends during the school year.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the representative responsibilities.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and professional references to [email protected]