Elementary Faith Formation Coordinator
We are looking for a professional with great communication skills that can foster positive personal relationships with the Faith Formation department, an extensive team of volunteers, parents and their children. Must be able to multitask and possess good organization skills. This is rewarding and engaging child-centered work that helps to support families and their children grow in their love for Jesus Christ according to the tenets of their Catholic Faith.
Job Responsibilities ( includes but is not limited to)
• Work with the Director of Evangelization and Catechesis to evaluate and implement vision of St
• Responsible to recruit, lead, and support 100 volunteers for Elementary Formation
classes K- 6 grades.
• Provide assistance and support to Catechists, families, and children during every session.
• Must work Sunday mornings, evenings, and Monday evenings starting at 3:00 p.m.
• Ensure all volunteers have proper safe environment requirements and training.
• Plan and collaborate with the Director of Evangelization and Catechesis to develop curriculum
for K-6 and the RCIC children's program.
• Closely work with the Director of Hispanic Ministries
• Act as a liaison between volunteers and St. Mark Catholic School Teachers/Principal to address
proper procedures are followed by volunteers and any issues that arise.
• Guide parents in their understanding of their children's curriculum and Faith.
• Organize and sort through registrations and prepare for the school year.
• Ensure and plan that the First Holy Communion program requirements are met, and coordinate
retreat, parent meetings, Masses, receptions, Reconciliation, and recording of Sacrament at the church.
• Plan special events for families, Nativity, Stations, Priest Masses, and community service.
• Schedule and organize K-5 portion of Totus Tuus Camp in Summer.
• Work with Faith Formation to plan Vacation Bible School program in summer.
• Must be able to use, Word, Outlook, and Excel.
This is a full-time position. Sunday and Monday availability are mandatory, and the rest of the week is flexible for planning.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Paul Laskowski, [email protected]