Cardinal Gibbons High School in Raleigh, NC is seeking an Administrative coordinator to work with the Admissions team.
Candidates should be fluent in Spanish, have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to manage a high volume of ongoing inquiries and applications from families. Candidates should be comfortable with databases, and flexible in learning and developing new systems.
• Administrative support for the Admissions Team.
• Facilitate the process of scheduling events, student/parent interviews, and tours for applicants and their families. Communicate with applicant families by phone, email, and mail. Must relate well and respond promptly and effectively to questions/requests from applying families.
• Communicate effectively with families and schools to secure required application materials and complete applicant files.
• Manage the Admissions Database. Create, organize, and maintain applicant files, reports, and process details within the Admissions database.
• Assist and collaborate in planning, coordinating, and implementing Admissions events.
• Manage functions/operations of the department, including monitoring resources.
• Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
• Respect for confidentiality within the office and the Admissions process.
• Comfort and confidence with technology, including managing data on multiple databases: Google Docs, Excel spreadsheets, and other platforms.
• Ability to be flexible and reflective in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
• Willingness to build strong working relationships as a team member.
• Other duties as assigned and vary depending on the timing in the admissions cycle.
• Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with the other staff members in furthering the mission of our school.
• Fluent in Spanish
• Must be an exceptional listener, a resourceful problem-solver, and capable of working efficiently and independently. The ability to be discreet and maintain strict confidentiality is crucial.
• This individual should be courteous, cheerful, and welcoming to the adult and student visitors.
• Individuals must be able to articulate well and be very knowledgeable about Cardinal Gibbons High School.
• Must be technologically savvy, creative, and eager to acquire new technical skills.
Moderate physical effort may be required when helping with admissions events.
Lead campus tours
Set up for admissions events (e.g. moving folding tables and chairs)
Long periods of computer work during certain times of the year
The Administrative Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Admissions.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected]hsnc.org.