Director of Catholic Formation
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, in the quaint and beautiful mountain city of Hendersonville, North Carolina, is seeking to hire a full-time Director of Catholic Formation.
Initially the focus of this position would be to lead the faith formation program and Sacramental preparation for our parish and school children and young adults.
We desire this position to grow into a position of visionary leadership to enhance parish life by forming families and individuals in the fullness of our faith; by developing parish retreats and bringing in speakers; creating a plan to evangelize fallen-away Catholics; and by forming parishioners of all ages and levels of faith with innovative offerings.
The Director of Catholic Formation shall:
• Be a fully initiated member of the Catholic Church in good standing, and committed to an orthodox understanding of the faith, as evidenced by a strong practice of the faith;
• Be living their personal life in conformity with the teachings of the Church;
• Have a professional or academic degree in religious education, catechetics or a related field, or demonstrated equivalent expertise;
• Have experience in parish ministry, and preferably two to five years of pastoral ministry and administrative experience;
• Be comfortable with a flexible work schedule;
• Have the ability to work evenings and weekends as the program(s) requires;
• Be compliant with Diocesan policies regarding working with minors.
Core Skills and Competencies of the Director of Catholic Formation include:
• Demonstrated and strong organizational, administrative and collaborative management skills, along with a strong work ethic;
• Experience in developing and managing departmental budget;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong and dynamic presentation skills, comfortable in the use of technology for presentations, and competency in the use of social media;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, working knowledge of communication platforms such as Flocknote;
• Adaptable to changing needs of our dynamic parish community;
• Demonstrate skills to be a strong leader of volunteer teams;
• It is preferred that the Director of Catholic Formation live within the parish boundaries, or nearby community.
If you think you fit this profile, come join us in the growing and beautiful North Carolina mountains and help us lead all to Jesus Christ and His Heavenly Kingdom!
Salary and Benefits will be discussed as the inquiry process moves forward.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume/CV to: Hiring Pastor, Immaculate Conception Catholic Church - 611 N. Church Street, Suite 101 - Hendersonville NC 28792; or [email protected]