POSITION SUMMARY: Assists in the provision of refugee youth services, supporting participants' academic success, in compliance with contractual requirements and Agency policy and procedures; supports the Program Supervisor and other staff in planning and
implementing refugee youth program activities as directed.
1. Assists with the recruitment, enrollment, assessment and retention of program participants.
2. Helps to plan and implement After School and summer program activities and services.
3. Transports clients as necessary to ensure provision of client services.
4. Communicates with parents and school staff regarding the program and issues relevant to individual participants.
5. Assists with recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers for refugee youth services.
6. Represents the program and the Agency in the community, providing information as appropriate.
7. Participates in the maintenance of case files and records.
8. Prepares and maintains statistical records and required documentation as directed.
9. Participates in the Agency's Quality Improvement System and supports Agency compliance with relevant accreditation standards.
1. Participates in staff meetings; attends in-service and other training programs as required.
2. Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Four year degree in a relevant field with 1 year of experience working with youth from diverse cultures, or relevant combination of education, training and experience.
2. A demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment.
3. Ability required to: work with discretion and communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, clientele, and the public in a culturally diverse working environment; provide services to clients in compliance with the contractual and Agency requirements; prepare and maintain
files and records; communicate fluently, orally and in writing, in the English language; transport clients as needed.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Responsibilities of the Assistant Facilitator - Refugee Youth Program involve travel, and work beyond the regularly scheduled workday.