POSITION SUMMARY: Assumes primary responsibility for direct casework services for client self-sufficiency and self-reliance; ensures compliance with contractual requirements, Agency policy and procedures; as assigned, directs the work of others in provision of client services.
1. Conducts intake interviews and assesses needs of clients; provides advocacy support and liaison to community social services agencies; advises clients or makes referrals as appropriate.
2. Provides on-going case coordination; develops case plans and case financial plans; as appropriate, conducts home visits to address health, safety, and household management issues; as assigned, supervises the work of others to ensure the provision of client services.
3. Establishes and maintains case files; performs clerical duties associated with case coordination including data entry, report preparation, and filing.
4. As assigned, prepares and maintains statistical records and required documentation.
5. Transports clients or directs such activity as necessary to ensure provision of client services.
6. Maintains working relationships with staff and other diocesan and external resources to coordinate client services and provide advocacy as needed; advises the immediate supervisor of activities to ensure that services offered are in keeping with the philosophy and goals of the Agency.
7. As assigned, represents the assigned program and the Agency in the community; responds to inquiries and makes presentations regarding Agency services.
8. Participates in the evaluation of Agency services and in strategic planning toward the accomplishment of the Agency mission.
9. Participates in the Agency's Quality Improvement System and supports Agency compliance with relevant accreditation standards.
1. Participates in staff meetings, staff training and development activities.
2. Prepares and maintains a reference manual for the assigned position.
3. Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Equivalent to graduation from high school and experience that would provide knowledge of the needs of clients having diverse cultures, community, and social services availability and knowledge of the principles and practices of case coordination.
2. Skill required to: conduct and coordinate services to clients in compliance with the contractual and Agency requirements; as assigned, supervise others in the provision of client services, maintain records and prepare reports; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with staff, volunteers, clients, and the public; depending upon assignment, position may require fluency in the English language and the language specified; transport clients to perform the essential functions of this position; effectively manage stressful or crisis situations; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; participate in peer review; promote Agency programs, respond to inquiries, provide information about Agency services and provide public relations.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Responsibilities of the Case Coordinator involve travel and work beyond the regularly scheduled workday.