We seek a Staff Accountant who shares our vision of building the Church through the work and witness of mission priests, religious, and other missionaries.
• Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
• Enforce internal control and comply with policies and procedures.
• Recording financial transactions including bank deposits, cash receipts, out going checks and eft's, interest received, and credit card payments.
• Reconcile credit card transactions.
• Preparing journal entries, ACH payments, and assisting with monthly close processes.
• Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
• Preparation of fixed asset journal entries and reporting.
• Prepare accruals, assist in AR & AP as directed by the Accounting Manager
• Research and resolve straight forward accounting discrepancies and irregularities in a timely manner. Elevate more complex issues for resolution.
• Performing monthly bank reconciliations.
• Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budget.
• Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
• Participate in the year-end audit annual financial statement audit by helping prepare audit schedules and information requests.
• Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
• Backup to clerical staff and other office duties as required.
• Additional ad hoc responsibilities as requested.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Thorough understanding of the beliefs and workings of the Catholic Church.
• 2+ years of accounting experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office application (Advanced Excel)
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Continuous improvement mindset
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience in not-for-profit
• BA/BS in Accounting
• CPA license/candidate preferred.