Director of Advancement, Dominican Friars Foundation
Dominican Friars of the Province of Saint Joseph
Location: New York, NY
Visit dominicanfriars.org/careers for a full position description.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Dominican Friars Foundation is looking to hire an experienced advancement professional to support the Dominican mission of preaching for the salvation of souls. The Director of Advancement will lead a team in carrying out the vision of the Executive Director and in meeting the current and future financial needs of the Province of Saint Joseph, particularly by supporting the large number of men entering the Province and in their initial years of formation.
This will include:
- Working with the Executive Director to hone and execute a comprehensive development strategy to support a growing province, including major gifts, middle gifts, monthly giving, and planned giving programs
- Mentoring our media team as they work to tell the stories of the Dominican Friars, highlight the work of our various apostolates, and share the excitement of the growing number of Dominican vocations
- Overseeing a robust direct mail program in conjunction with our marketing team
- Directly soliciting major gifts alongside and/or on behalf of the Executive Director and other friars
- Overseeing donor engagement events such as pilgrimages, retreats, dinners, and other social events
- Supporting our Board of Directors in their work of sharing the mission of the Friars and reaching out to cultivate potential benefactors
- Managing a medium-sized staff to ensure the smooth running of the operational systems of the Foundation, including gift processing, database management, appeal production, calendaring, accounting, and other workflows
1.) Faithfully Catholic
The person holding this position will represent the Dominican Friars in public, will bear witness to the Catholic faith, and will occasionally lead others in prayer. Applicants must be practicing Catholics in good standing who assent to and profess the Catholic faith in its entirety as presented in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- Passionate about the Dominican mission and charism, can articulate the "Dominican Difference" clearly
- Personal knowledge of the Dominican Friars or another religious community would be a plus
2.) Strong team player
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop relationships of trust and respect with Friars, colleagues, and donors
- Good work ethic with a continued willingness to learn and grow
3.) Experienced manager
- Significant experience in hiring, managing, and mentoring staff, including employees, contractors, and vendors, some of whom work remotely
- Strong project management experience, including robust organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, and the capability to coordinate multiple projects with minimal supervision
4.) 10+ years of experience in fundraising, with an emphasis on Major Gifts and some experience with Direct Mail
- Proven track record of growing and maintaining donor relationships, including soliciting and securing individual gifts as well as coaching others toward soliciting and securing individual gifts
- Experience with budget management and financial statements (has had past P&L oversight)
- Experience with Salesforce, Pardot, and Adobe Creative Cloud would be a plus, ability to learn these programs is necessary
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategy, tools, and best practices would be a plus, and willingness to grow in this area is necessary
- Commitment to fundraising as a profession, as evidenced by membership in professional associations, CFRE certification, and/or job history
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred
This position is full-time, salaried, with a full benefits package (including health and dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, a generous 403(b) retirement plan match, FSA, and commuter benefits), and requires that the candidate live within commuting distance of our offices on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
The salary for an average candidate for this position will likely fall into the $165,000-$185,000 range, but may be flexible for an exceptional candidate.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter (addressed to the attention of Fr. John Paul Kern, O.P.) to [email protected]. Thank you for considering the Dominican Friars Foundation; we look forward to hearing from you.