Working with the Bishop and Chancery staff and under the general direction of the Vicar General, the General Secretary for the Chancery coordinates the daily operations of the Chancery of the Eparchy of Saint Maron of Brooklyn. The position serves as the primary secretary to the Bishop and Vicar General. The position keeps the Bishop's schedule, maintains the Eparchy's files, and drafts and mails correspondences and other Eparchial documents.
1. Manages front desk to Eparchial Chancery, which includes, but is not limited to, receptionist, scheduling appointments, maintaining calendars, and maintaining the general appearance of the Chancery office.
2. Maintains and keeps all Eparchial files - both electronic and hard copy.
3. Drafts Bishop and Vicar General correspondences including canonical dispensations and mailing with the Nunciature to the Holy See, as well as prints letters and finalizes mailings.
4. Manages all mail - both electronic and hard copy.
5. Manages Bishop's travels, including, but not limited to, flight and hotel reservations, and arrival and departure schedules.
6. Transcribes homilies and speeches to electronic format.
7. Coordinates correspondences between the Eparchy and off-site offices/departments of the Eparchy including the Tribunal, Webmaster, the advancement team, and legal counsel.
8. Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor Degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Excellent verbal communications
• Attention to detail
• Organizational skills and ability to maintain professional database and file system
• Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
• Proficient in Microsoft word, familiarity with desktop publishing, and design a plus.
• Must be a results-driven and motivated individual with a willingness to learn while working as part of a team
• Familiarity with the Sacraments and teachings of the Catholic Church
• Experience with the structure and works of the Catholic Church a plus.
• Willingness to work for a Catholic institution
Candidates must be willing to work in person. Telecommuting is not possible.
About the Eparchy:
The Eparchy (diocese) of Saint Maron of Brooklyn is an Eastern Rite jurisdiction of the Catholic Church headquartered in Brooklyn, New York. It was established by Pope Paul VI in 1966. The Eparchy covers the Eastern Seaboard of the United States. The faithful of the Eparchy are those Maronite Catholics who live within its territorial jurisdiction. The Eparchy is composed of approximately of 33,000 Maronite Catholics, and consists of 45 parishes and missions, a seminary in Washington D.C., a convent in Dartmouth, Mass, and a monastery in Petersham, Mass.
The Eparchial Bishop is the Most Reverend Gregory J. Mansour. He was appointed Bishop of the Eparchy of Saint Maron of Brooklyn in 2004 by Pope John Paul II.
For more information about the Eparchy and to learn more about Bishop Gregory, please visit www.stmaron.org.
Qualified Applicants are asked to send a Resume to: [email protected]
Brooklyn, NY 11201