EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Religious)
The International Franciscan Conference of the Sisters and Brothers of the Third Order Regular (IFC-TOR) is seeking an experienced Executive Director to lead the mission and vision of IFC-TOR International Office. IFC-TOR, through the leadership of the Third Order Regular of St. Francis religious female and male religious institutes, societies of apostolic life, addresses the life and concerns of the members of the institutes and societies in the world, and the evangelizing mission of the institutes and societies in the context of church and catholic culture of the world. IFC-TOR is both the common voice for major superiors and the primary common resource for service to leaders. The Executive Director ("E.D.") will be responsible to IFC-TOR's President and Council. All sub-committee Directors, Associate Directors, and Managers report directly to or indirectly to the E.D. The E.D. interfaces with the President of IFC-TOR who is the link between the E.D. and the Council. The Executive Director is the most senior and key management leader of IFC-TOR. The Executive Director will have overall strategic, operational, regulatory, budgetary and executive responsibility for IFC-TOR's staff and programs, as well as execution of its mission to address the life, concerns and mission of its members in the context of Church and culture in the world.
• From ten to fifteen years in executive management including Council development, as well as fiscal, administrative and supervisory responsibilities required, with some experience in a Catholic non-profit setting preferred.
• Combination of experience and education normally represented by a Master's degree in a related field.
• Lay or Religious: Female or Male religious in good standing, with the permission of the Major Superior to apply for the position or a lay person who is in good standing with the Catholic Church.
• Passion for Franciscan religious life and commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church.
• Proven pastoral, administrative and team leadership skills; capacity to initiate, coordinate and supervise multiple projects and activities.
• Ability to serve as spokesperson for IFC-TOR; strong verbal, presentational and written skills.
• Capacity to sustain an extended travel schedule including international commitments.
• Past success working with a Council.
• Action-oriented, mission-driven and self-directed and can communicate easily with the Council.
• Must have the ability to relate to a wide variety of people as well as organizations, charisms and systems, both public and private.
• Must have the ability to effectively manage a variety of concurrent and varying activities.
• Must have excellent Franciscan style of leadership and organizational skills, strong detail-oriented skills with the ability to supervise and work as part of a team.
• Willingness to work a diverse schedule that may include evenings and weekends.
• Good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software and Communication software (Zoom, etc.).
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Italian. Additionally, Spanish is preferred.
• Capacity to independently troubleshoot. Core Responsibilities:
• Lead the mission and vision of IFC-TOR.
• Implement strategic plans, based on data-driven analytics, projections and financials.
• Oversee IFC-TOR's budget and ensure that it is a financially viable, sustainable organization.
• Ensure that IFC-TOR is in compliance with all regulations and standard accounting procedures set by Italy and the Vatican.
• Build a high-performing senior leadership team.
• Identify and implement cost-effective ways to deliver state-of-the-art educational programs.
• Cultivate excellent relationships with media; provide oversight for social media.
• Present IFC-TOR, its vision and services through public presentations and by attending and planning relevant events, conferences and gatherings.
• Sponsor and/or co-sponsor special events.
• Serve ex-officio as Chair of the IFC-TOR Assembly Program Committee and coordinate the preparation of the assembly.
• Maintain contact with IFC-TOR membership.
• Coordinate responsibility for ordinary communication between the IFC-TOR and other national conferences of religious and other groups.
• Other duties will apply as will expanded particulars of the above.
Procedure for Candidacy: All interested and qualified applicants with a passion for IFC-TOR's mission are invited to apply. A complete application will include:
• Cover Letter: Please write a letter limited to three pages that answers the following questions: -What attracts you to the mission of IFC-TOR? -How would you describe your leadership style? -What makes you the best candidate for this role?
Interested, qualified candidates may apply by forwarding a resume and cover letter to:
Sandi Landsman at:
Please indicate "Exec Dir, IFC-TOR" in the subject line
Garrison, NY 10524