Job Purpose: To partner with a seasoned head of school who embraces philanthropy to administer the development, fundraising and public relations activities at La Salle Academy with the goal of procuring and ethically managing the resources necessary to carry out the school's educational mission. La Salle is a private, all-male, college preparatory, Catholic high school in the Lasallian tradition located in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan.
General Responsibilities: The Senior Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations serves as the manager of the Advancement Office and reports to the President or his/her designee. He/she is a member of the Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees and works to implement pertinent aspects of the 2022-2026 strategic plan. Among the responsibilities of the Senior Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations are the following:
• facilitates the smooth functioning of the Advancement Office; administers the budget; supports and supervises the work of the other employees in the office and any ad hoc services which are contracted
• articulates the mission of La Salle Academy to a broad range of constituents demonstrating good communication skills in the domains of writing, speaking, and social media
• creates an annual development calendar and sets goals for the fiscal year in concert with the President and the Chair of the Advancement Committee
• oversees and coordinates an ongoing Annual Fund appeal, employing a direct mail and email strategy
• integrates an e-philanthropy platform to encourage seamless participation of donors
• sets up visits enabling the President (and Board members) to solicit current and potential donors, assists the President in the development of prospect lists, accepts his/her own portfolio of prospects, and creates cultivation materials
• serves as major contact, along with the President, for donors, organizations and foundations
• demonstrates attentiveness to the personal stewardship of leading donors
• nurtures Alumni Relations and serves as liaison with Alumni Association; assists program coordinator of the Guest Lecture Series in tapping professional skills of alumni
• analyzes donor giving histories, making recommendations about patterns and potential, and assists the President with the implementation of those recommendations
• maintains regular communication with the Director of Finance and generates an annual Investors' Report
• coordinates outreach efforts through various in-house and external events
• demonstrates acquaintance with estate planning
• provides regular reports to the President and quarterly reports to the Board of Trustees
Note: The responsibilities listed above are representative of the position and are not all-inclusive.
This is a full-time position with the Senior Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations expected to work on site. A willingness to travel to meet donors (both local and overnight trips) is necessary as is the possession of a valid driver's license. Eight to ten years of fundraising experience preferred. Experience supervising direct reports required. Compensation in the $130K - $160K range dependent on experience.
An interested candidate is invited to send his/her resume to [email protected]