The Department of Education is seeking a Full-time candidate for the position of Controller, who will report to the Superintendent of Schools. The position will be based at the Department of Education in Hicksville, NY.
* Supervise 2 Diocesan High School (HS) business offices & Dept. of
Education (DOE) Accounts Payable.
* Prepare annual HS & DOE consolidated financial statements;
coordinate and control annual audits; ensure that auditors'
corrections are implemented.
* Attend DOE finance and HS business office meetings; ensure that
workflow continues to move appropriately.
* Coordinate accounting functions for the 2 Diocesan high schools &
DOE; responsible for completing monthly journal entries, bank
reconciliations, and monthly/quarterly reports.
* Review, assess and improve internal processes which lessen manual
accounting procedures; improve processes for documentation and
handling of cash receipts.
* In accordance with appropriate accounting standards, support the
development and execution of balanced annual budgets for 2
Diocesan High Schools and DOE.
* Provide requested reports to Superintendent, Education
Corporation, and CFO.
* Be available to fulfill ad-hoc requests as needed.
* Minimum a bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or finance; a
master's degree or CPA is preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office.
* Must become skilled in current accounting software (Abila), ADP
Payroll/benefits software, and tuition management system (TADS).
Qualified candidates should send a Letter of Interest and Resume:
Mrs. Pamela Sanders
Superintendent of Schools
Department of Education - Diocese of Rockville Centre
128 Cherry Lane
Hicksville, NY 11801
Email: [email protected]