We are looking to fill per diem positions for all shifts (11:00 pm to 7:00 am, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm) at Marymount Convent in Tarrytown, NY.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]g.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
Under the direction of an RN, the LPN is responsible for the provision of quality and timely nursing care to the Sisters of Marymount Convent. The LPN provides skilled nursing care according to individual needs including the administration of medications and treatments. The LPN supervises Nursing Assistants.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Must have a current NYS LPN license and a minimum of two years of nursing experience, preferably in a Long-Term Care or geriatric setting.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of patience, empathy, and compassion.
• Experience with supervising support clinical staff.
• Administers proper medication and treatment, monitors medication doses and response.
• Makes rounds to ascertain the needs of the Sisters are met.
• Supervises the Nursing Assistants to ensure quality nursing care is rendered.
• Reports changes in behavior, complaints, symptoms, skin alterations, response to medication or treatment, etc.
• Notifies the Director of Nursing of any emergency.
• Reviews the orders from the physician, notes and implements any medication and treatment changes.
• In the absence of the medical scheduler, makes and changes appointments with physicians and therapists.
• Communicates regularly with the Convent pharmacy to ensure all Sisters receive their medications as ordered.
• Performs additional job duties as assigned.
The Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary are an Equal Opportunity Employer