We are looking to fill per diem shifts (7:00 am - 3:00 pm; 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm and 11:00 pm - 7:00 am) at Marymount Convent in Tarrytown, NY.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
The Nursing Assistant position helps to provide quality nursing care for the Sisters of Marymount Convent under the supervision and direction of the Charge Nurse and/or the Director of Nursing. Nursing Assistants help the Sisters with completing essential ADL's such as bathing, dressing, feeding, and toileting.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• High School diploma or equivalent is required; Associate degree preferred.
• Minimum one year of experience as a Nurse's Aide.
• Minimum one year of experience working in a Long-Term Care or geriatric setting is preferred.
• Knowledge of relevant nursing care is necessary.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of patience, empathy, and compassion.
• A friendly and professional bedside manner.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to maintain confidential medical information.
• Complete all ADL's. Maintain accurate intake/output record.
• Assist the Sisters with transfers as needed; follow safe lifting techniques as needed.
• Turn and reposition Sisters at risk for skin breakdown and as needed.
• Change clothes and bed linens; keep rooms neat and orderly.
• Transport Sisters to activities via wheelchair or supervise walking as needed.
• Observe and inform the Charge Nurse of any changes.
• Escort and assist to medical appointments and/or physical therapy.
• Perform additional job duties as assigned.
The Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary are an Equal Opportunity Employer