The Position: The Physical Education/Dance, Swim and Health Teacher position is a full-time position for the 2022-2023 Academic Year, Grades 9-12
• Instruct Physical Education/Health classes consistent with school curriculum and objectives.
• Teach the rules behind playing several different sports, as well as proper techniques for running, stretching and other exercise activities.
• Evaluate and assess student performance in Physical Education classes.
• Strong instructional, classroom management and discipline skills.
Other Professional Responsibilities
• Ensure the safety of students under your supervision.
• Keep accurate and organized records for student attendance, progress and finalize student grades in a timely manner.
• Assume homeroom advisor responsibilities.
• Assist with non-instructional supervision of students, as needed.
• Participate actively in the school community, which includes coaching a minimum of one season with the Athletics department.
• Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education.
• High School experience preferred but not required.
• Valid New York State Certification and/or must have valid NYS certification within 1 year of hire.
• Swim instruction experience, having gained American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
certification or similar qualification.
• Previous experience as a Physical Education teacher.
• Experience with Triumph Board and other instructional technology.
• Ability to work well with colleagues.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and often with parents and families.
• High energy with genuine desire to improve young lives.
Interested candidates may send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]