Custodial and Maintenance Associate
Part-time (15-20 hrs./wk.)
Reports to the Director of Finance and Human Resources
(i) Supervises the execution of the Building Maintenance Plan for 120 French Road, Rochester, NY 14618.
(ii) Provides cleaning and maintenance of St. Bernard's Main Campus in Rochester, NY.
(iii) Provides set-up of physical space for events
Building Maintenance Plan
1. Executes the Building Maintenance Plan through soliciting work quotes and estimates, scheduling and follow-up with vendors, and by anticipating work needed (upgrades, repairs, painting, maintenance of equipment and systems, etc).
2. Seeks approval from the Director of Finance and Human Resources for all work and work estimates.
3. Oversees vendor visits and building projects.
4. Provides system maintenance as skill level permits.
5. Oversees or provides landscaping, lawn maintenance
6. Oversees plow services.
Daily Cleaning and Maintenance
1. Provides complete daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal cleaning of the building and its contents according to the Building Cleaning Schedule. This includes kitchen, restrooms, offices, the chapel, classrooms, student lounge, hallways, library, conference room, and all public spaces.
2. Maintains cleanliness and safety of all floors and carpeting.
3. Collects all recyclables and trash. Transports recyclable and trash bins to and from French Road weekly.
4. Maintains the front walkway during the winter months by shoveling and salting as needed. Sweeps the front walkway as needed throughout the rest of the year.
5. Handles basic maintenance requests, including but not limited to:
a. Changing light bulbs with the use of a ladder
b. Acquiring, stocking, and evaluating cleaning supplies
c. Taking inventory and stocking office supplies
d. Moving equipment, desks, and chairs when requested
6. Executes building fire safety procedures including semesterly fire drills and monthly checks of all fire extinguishers, exit signs and security lights.
7. Maintains the garden at the front entrance.
8. Meets with the Director of Finance and Human Resources weekly to review work schedule and project progress.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Human Resources.
1. Provides timely and courteous customer service to building renters
2. Sets up rental spaces according to customer specifications when necessary
3. Assures cleanliness of rental spaces, restrooms, and public spaces prior to, during and after events.
• A High School Diploma
• 2-5 years of public-sector cleaning experience
• A willingness to acquire additional training as needed
• Experience with commercial systems such as HVAC, fire, plumbing, electrical, etc. preferred
• An active member of a Roman Catholic Faith community preferred
• An understanding of and cooperation with the mission of the Roman Catholic Church and of St. Bernard's School of Theology and Ministry
St. Bernard's School of Theology and Ministry assumes a Ministerial Exception.
Send letter of Interest and Resume to:
Kelly Brunacini, Executive Assistant to the President
585.271.3657, option 1