• Primary Objective: Collaborates with the pastor and other staff in implementing the mission of the parish, through the comprehensive planning and implementation of the parish Youth & Confirmation programs.
Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
• Developing a systematic and intentional plan for adolescent catechesis that utilizes a creative variety of formats & settings
• Fostering the involvement of young people in the general life of the parish, including serving on various parish committees and being involved in parish activities.
• Collect fees (if applicable) and maintain records
• Serving as the liaison with the diocesan office of youth ministry and their programs, services and resources
Confirmation Preparation Responsibilities
• Coordinate and implement Diocesan/parish Confirmation Prep program
• Prepare, organize and present Confirmation workshops (if applicable)
• Prepares candidates for Confirmation ceremony
• Attends and assists Confirmation ceremony (date scheduled by the Diocese)
• Forwards Confirmation records to parish Administrative Assistant to update the Sacramental books and database
• Collect fees and update billing records
• Prepare mailings (scheduling, billing, general info) as needed
• Purchase supplies & textbooks
• Works in conjunction with Religious Ed Coordinator to maintain transition from SOR/ Sacraments to Confirmation.
Staff/Faith Formation Responsibilities
• Attend regular staff meetings
• Collaborate with pastoral staff on ministries and programs that cross age boundaries
• As a member of the staff Faith Formation team, collaborates in catechesis of entire parish, including providing CASE training to volunteers
• Serve as the liaison with the pastor, parish staff and the parish pastoral council
• Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community.
• Applicant should (minimally) be certified as a Catechetical Leader (or be enrolled in the Diocesan Certification program), but preferably have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, and/or Religious Education.
• Completion of CASE training and background check