DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Based in Garrison, NY (Putnam County, West Point Area)
The Franciscan Friars of the Atonement is currently seeking a full-time Director of Communications. The position is full-time. This is a key leadership role that leads all communications to promote the organization's strategy, mission, and culture. This is a global position, based in Garrison, NY but there are ministries in Italy, Japan, Peru, Puerto Rico and Canada.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the internal and external (social media outlets, web site and public outreach) communications function.
• This position must understand the charism and mission of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement and communicate it to a wider audience.
• Work very closely with the Senior Leaders and the fundraising arm of the organization to promote the many attributes of the Friars, and how their message of at-one-ment and healing is more important than ever in the world.
• Develop a communications strategy for the Franciscan Friars of Atonement, St. Christopher's Inn, Holy Mountain Franciscan Retreat Center and its other global ministries.
• Creating and implementing a communications audit, and executing internal communications plan on a regular basis
• Provide strategic communications expertise, counsel, and support to Senior Leaders.
• Oversee existing communications channels and develop consensus around future channels based on best practices and advancements in social media. There is a backend website and marketing support provided by a company called Fuzatti.
• Determine the most effective strategies and techniques to engage employees and outreach efforts in our strategy, culture, and mission
• 10+ years of heading up a communications, marketing or PR function.
• Ability to work independently and with teams on a variety of initiatives.
• Outstanding ability to capture Senior Leader's voice and elevate their content and presence.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong expertise and leadership skills, and aptitude to take informed, creative risks.
• Demonstrated experience in setting goals and developing ways to measure those goals.
• Experience navigating a complex, matrixed organization.
• Catholic evangelization knowledge required.
About the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement
The Franciscan Friars of the Atonement are a Roman Catholic religious community founded in 1898 by Servant of God Father Paul Wattson, S.A. Through their missions and ministries around the world, the Friars of the Atonement serve people of every race, religion and walk of life. They minister to the poor, the needy and the homeless; to people living with HIV; the elderly and sick; those in prison; and people seeking healing and recovery from alcoholism and chemical addictions. For more information about the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement, visit AtonementFriars.org. The Franciscan Friars of the Atonement is a registered 501(c)(3) organization.
What We Offer:
We believe in affording our team with the same level of service that we strive to deliver to our guests. We are committed to providing extensive training and educational support that allows our team members to achieve the very highest levels of professionalism and open the door to increased opportunities for future career growth. In addition, medical and dental insurance, health reimbursement account, 401(k) with match and paid time-off.
We will be accepting rolling application until the position is filled.
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically celebrate the powerful and profound diversity of our team.
Interested, qualified candidates may apply
by forwarding a resume and cover letter to:
Please indicate "Director of Communications" in the subject line.
Visit us at: AtonementFriars.org