ST JOHN OF ROCHESTER PARISH
JOB DESCRIPTION: PASTORAL ASSOCIATE- Liturgy/Music
Tuesday, June 15, 2022
Position Description: In collaboration with the Pastor and the Parish Staff this position serves and supports the life, growth, and pastoral needs of the parish community particularly in leadership of worship and music. The candidate collaborates with the Associate Director of Music, Organist, and the Art and Environment team.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
1. Collaborating with the Pastor and Parish Staff provide direct service to the parish and parishioners across the full spectrum of life.
2. In collaboration with the Associate Director of Music, the Organist, the parish priests works to create an environment of worship that supports the growth of faith and living of faith in the life of the parish community.
3. Recruits, and trains, Lectors, Cantors, and directs Choirs (traditional, contemporary, bell, youth, and funeral).
4. Teaming with the Parish Pastoral Associate forms and leads the RCIA process by collaborating with a team to accompany those who seek admission into the Church.
5. Assists with the planning, preparation of and celebration of Funerals and Weddings meeting with families for funerals and couples for marriage. Supports and as needed recruits and trains Wedding Coordinators and supports them in their work with couples.
6. Supports the Director of Faith Formation and Youth Ministry in preparing those seeking the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
7. Responsible for preparation and oversight of the Liturgy/Music Budget area.
8. Provides others service, support and presence as needed for the care and leadership of the parish community.
Scope: The Pastoral Associate will encounter new and varied work situations on a daily/weekly basis. He or she must be able to work with a variety of individuals from all walks of life and all economic groups and be able to organize and coordinate multiple functions with minimal supervision.
Skills/Requirements: A deep understanding, and experience of Catholic faith and life is necessary. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities often simultaneously. He or she must be able to work independently and in close collaboration with the Pastor, parish staff, parish volunteers.
Be an active member of the Catholic Church, having a heart for ministry and desire to deepen and grow the faith in the life of the parishioners of St. John of Rochester, hold college degree, a graduate degree in Theology/Music or a related area of ministry is desirable and proficiency in the MS Office Suite of Programs is necessary and related technical skill.