POSITION: Catholic Church looking for a Bookkeeper/Office Manager to serve as an administrator and advisor to the Pastor on business and administrative matters that affect the Parish. Additionally, maintain daily responsibility for all aspects of financial management of the Parish's financial resources.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overall daily responsibility to assist the Pastor in overseeing the physical, financial, and personnel resources of the Parish.
• Support the parish staff in areas of leadership, human resources, and the facilities of the Parish (Church and Rectory).
• Assist with administration of the many policies and procedures directed by the Office of the Diocese for compliance with their guidelines for Church parishes.
• Maintains financial bookkeeping systems, including accounts payable, receivable, payroll, and cash receipts.
• Balances accounts, ledgers, and reconciles bank statements.
• Prepares financial statements on a monthly and quarterly basis using QuickBooks.
• Assists with annual budget and with stewardship/development programs.
• Manages Parish Human Resource transactions: new hires, terminations, statutes changes, benefits, payroll, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school graduate with extensive bookkeeping experience. Associate's Degree in accounting preferred. Requires bookkeeping and/or account clerk experience, working knowledge of not-for-profit accounting principles and experience in the software programs used.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Also required: computational aptitude, organizational skills, attention to detail, interpersonal communication skills, flexibility, ability to prioritize, and ability to maintain confidentiality; an understanding of the mission of the Catholic Church; the capacity to assist the Pastor in managing the finances of the parish as well as to work with the parish office staff, particularly overseeing the financial elements of their employment and ministries.
JOB TYPE: 25/35 Hours per week. Part time or Full time depending on skill levels.
PAY: Salary will depend upon experience and qualifications.