Assistant Coordinator of Faith Formation (Religious Education)
The key focus of this position is to oversee and help to implement the Family catechesis component of the RE program. This includes sacramental preparations, celebrations pertaining to the liturgical year, and prayer opportunities for the RE families. The Coordinator will also provide support for the ministry to middle and high school age youth, and will assist in the implementation and administration of the Summer Academy for grades 1 through 7, as well as the traditional RE sessions during the school year.
Part time 20+
Flexible hours - some weekdays, but evening and weekends according to RE scheduled events
1. Assist Director with planning and implementation of Summer Religious Education Academy.
2. Assist with all components of Traditional program - monthly sessions, monitoring of at-home family activities, etc.
3. Assist with coordinating RE liturgies and other prayer experiences, Children's liturgy, etc.
4. Assist with First Penance/First Communion preparation meetings, retreat and prayer services.
5. Coordinate RE Family Day opportunities and assist with parish "Family Day" events.
6. Coordinate (in conjunction with Youth Minister) 6th grade service opportunities.
7. Assist Youth Minister with High School and Young Adult events, speakers, liturgies.
8. Assist Youth Minister with coordination of Middle School Youth Group service and learning projects, and with monthly CYO meetings.
9. Attend Committee, catechist and staff meetings as needed.
List required education, certifications and experience level:
Bachelor's degree in Religious Education or related field (If degree is not complete or in RE/Theology, then completion of a Diocesan Dept of Evangelization and catechesis leadership program is required.)