We are currently hiring a Campus Minister to serve at the campuses we minister to in the Archdiocese of Newark
The following specific responsibilities are representative of duties required in this position. They may be unilaterally but reasonably changed based on the working environment and departmental needs.
• Developing and providing formation in peer ministry, catechetical, spiritual, and leadership experiences and skills (these would include leading Scripture studies, assisting with RCIA, designing a regimen of leadership formation for volunteers and student leaders, and organizing and presenting retreats throughout the year on a variety of topics related to Catholic Christian discipleship.
• Raising consciousness within the university community concerning the issues of faith and culture in our society by cooperating with and developing programs responsive to these issues.
• Continuing to provide vision and leadership for the "Newman Catholic Campus Ministry" through personal prayer and study, and by organizing retreats for volunteers and student leaders.
• Interact and collaborate with other Staff of Campus Ministry Department to enhance its Catholic ethos.
• Developing an ecumenical/interfaith working relationship with other religious groups in Campus Ministry by meeting and visioning with them periodically while always maintaining a strong catholic identity.
• Inviting and welcoming students encouraging them to grow deeper in their faith.
• Coordinating outreaches and service opportunities for the faith community.
• Strive to develop relationships with faculty, staff and administration.
• Create effective structures and events to reach out to new students, such as social and spiritual activities directed to new students in the first several weeks of the Fall Semester.
• Organizing and coordinating social events on campus as a way to build community.
• Developing effective ways to nurture and educate students in the Theology of the Body through study groups, retreats and seminars.
• Practicing the gift of hospitality is a must in Campus Ministry.
• Other duties as assigned.
Cover letters and resume's should be sent to Fr. Jim Chern, Director of the Office of Campus Ministry: [email protected]