Position: Executive Assistant to the Pastor
Reports To: The Pastor and Chief of Staff
Assist the Pastor to schedule and calendar events, meetings and appointments;
Manage personal and parish calendars with accuracy;
Answer and respond to phone calls and emails on a timely basis with a view toward handling sensitive matters in a confidential manner.
• Answer and respond to voicemail and messages;
• Coordinate additional requests for meetings and calendar speaking engagements, parish and outside events such as weddings, funerals, baptisms etc.;
• Prepare a detailed weekly schedule with corresponding files and documents prepared;
• Prepare responses and letters of correspondence;
•Train and oversee interns or part time staff in the maintaining the office functions;
• Oversee the parish calendar as a whole and as it pertains to masses, events and mass intentions (MIO);
• Order office and parish supplies as needed.
• Liaison confidentially on behalf of the Pastor when requested with the Archdiocese;
• Coordinate personal appointments as directed by the Pastor;
• Maintain documents and records as directed by the Pastor;
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs and Google platforms is essential;
Knowledge of mail-merge programs for correspondence.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Administration or a similar degree required;
Three years minimum experience at a similar capacity;
Attention to detail, efficiency, accuracy and organization is required;
Experience working at a parish is a plus, though not necessary.