The Church of St. Catharine's in Holmdel, NJ is seeking a dynamic individual with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in music and/or liturgy with a knowledge of the church documents on music, singing, the liturgy, etc. to lead and build the music ministry and all aspects of liturgy. Candidate should be an active, practicing Christian (Catholic preferred or extensive knowledge of the Catholic liturgy).
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
• Working directly with the pastor to oversee all aspects of the music ministry and liturgies.
• Leading the music at 3-4 Masses per weekend as the organist; as well as all Holy Days (including Christmas and Easter); and all special liturgies throughout the year-Holy Hours, Stations of the Cross, etc. as determined by the pastor.
• Directing adult choir rehearsals
• Recruit and lead musicians for a contemporary ensemble
• Training and recruiting other musicians for liturgies
• Scheduling of organists, and any other musicians needed
• Plan music for all liturgies
• Plan and execute Lessons and Carols during Advent season and another special musical offering in the Lenten season
• Procuring and maintaining missals
• Create worship aids as needed-this includes procuring and maintaining appropriate copyright permissions, reporting, etc.
• Hire and arrangement payment of outside musicians when needed for special liturgies
• Plan and schedule music for all weddings and funerals-Coordinator of Worship and Music has first right of refusal for weddings and funerals
• Oversee the hiring process for associate organist
• Maintain sound systems in the chapel and church
• Maintain all musical instruments in the church
• Work with the Director of Religious Education for music for all sacramental celebrations and special events
• Attend monthly staff meetings and monthly liturgy meetings.
Starting salary of $35,000 commensurate with education, experience and Diocese of Trenton guidelines.
Please submit current resume with cover letter and professional references to
or mail to:
Church of Saint Catharine
Attn: Coordinator of Music and Worship
108 Middletown Road
Holmdel, NJ 07733-2243