Fiat Ventures is actively seeking a dynamic and energetic individual. Both full-time and part-time positions available in Bergen, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic and Somerset counties. Primary responsibilities will be to (1) lead youth in a parish as the Coordinator of Youth Ministry ("Youth Minister"), (2) participate in ministry-based religious education programs, retreat programs, service programs, and the other ministries of Fiat Ventures, with a (3) potential connection and responsibility in the Confirmation preparation process and program of the assigned parish. The applicant should:
• possess a love and knowledge of the Catholic faith;
• have a heart for evangelizing, teaching and empowering youth;
• enjoy helping others to develop a personal relationship with Christ and to live as disciples of Christ engaged in the life and mission of the Church; and
• desire to build up the young Church within a parish.
Fiat Ventures' BOLD Youth Ministry model is unique. Each Youth Minister is assigned to a specific parish in which to work, and is supported by and collaborates with the entire Fiat Ventures staff. Fiat Ventures provides the model of comprehensive youth ministry and youth ministry resources.
Youth Minister's parish responsibilities include planning and implementing the youth ministry program. This includes Spiritual, Social and Service events, weekly or bi-weekly Youth Ministry Meetings, regular service projects, ongoing outreach to teens, ongoing recruitment of adults (as potential volunteer ministry team members and support), teen and adult team formation and training, retreats, group activities, mission trips and ministry based religious education.
• This individual must be a practicing Catholic who has a passion for sharing his or her faith.
• The applicant must have an undergraduate degree. The ideal candidate will possess a degree or certificate in Youth Ministry, Theology, Pastoral Studies, or related field, and have at least two years of experience in a leadership capacity with teenagers in a parish setting.
• Fiat Ventures is looking for a Youth Minister who is high energy, well-organized, a solid leader, a self-starter, has strong interpersonal and communication skills, and who will have a collaborative spirit with parish and Fiat Ventures staff.
• Musical skills and bi-lingual are a plus.
• Technological proficiency required, and skills with Mac, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and a strong knowledge of Social Media best practices and trends is helpful.
Fiat Ventures is looking for both full time and part time Youth Ministers. Most positions are salaried, commensurate with time and experience; benefits available for full time. Youth Ministers meet regularly in the North/Central region of NJ, and parish assignments may be in the Newark, Paterson, Metuchen or Trenton (Arch)Dioceses.